Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: xx40a  (Read 2114 times)

llbts1

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
xx40a
« on: April 07, 2013, 12:31:03 AM »

xx40a up and running. Like the picture, weak infra red at nite. Question, how do you turn off the ir feature on this camera? I hit the off button on the live view screen and nothing happens. Does the IR stay on all the time? Please let me know if you can switch it off, and where is the switch?  Thank you

richy2

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
Re: xx40a
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 02:16:24 PM »

xx40a up and running. Like the picture, weak infra red at nite. Question, how do you turn off the ir feature on this camera? I hit the off button on the live view screen and nothing happens. Does the IR stay on all the time? Please let me know if you can switch it off, and where is the switch?  Thank you
You can not turn off the IR but i believe it switches on / off automatically.

You may also notice a change in the picture when the IR switches from day to night and think their is something wrong where the color may wash out... it won't look like that long... thats normal.

You can adjust the brightness at night to see better. I have this camera.

The default settings is 6 for bright and 4 for contrast. adjust the bright ( i have mines set on 9 at night and 7 or 8 during the day.) on the software interface next to the word bright.. click the + to increase.

llbts1

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 10:37:31 PM »

Thank you Richy, I really like the camera. Bought it after seeing yours up and running. Thanks again for the help.

richy2

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 12:01:38 PM »

Thank you Richy, I really like the camera. Bought it after seeing yours up and running. Thanks again for the help.
Did it work?

My first night i was disappointed at first that at night it was no better than the old day/night cameras i have from x10 which didnt have IR.

llbts1

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 07:22:17 PM »

I am somewhat disappointed with the night vision, its weak at best for my application, but the quality of the daylight picture is the best camera I have. So, all in all, Im happy with the camera. Larry

richy2

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2013, 10:34:25 PM »

I am somewhat disappointed with the night vision, its weak at best for my application, but the quality of the daylight picture is the best camera I have. So, all in all, Im happy with the camera. Larry
Have you put the brightness on max ( 16 ) ?

If you looked at mines at night, i had my brightness probably on 8 or 9 at night.
it seems better than the video you see on tv news of people commiting crimes and the ones indoors with light aint all that good.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.