Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Hyper sensitive motion detection xx59A  (Read 3053 times)

JG1967

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Hyper sensitive motion detection xx59A
« on: April 07, 2013, 06:59:26 PM »

Have my xx59A set on the lowest setting possible for motion detection but keep getting a gazillion false alarms. The camera seems to react to the smallest changes in lighting which then triggers an alarm which in turn sends an email to me. It's to the point that I get at least 20 to 30 emails a day. I want to be notified of a problem but this is rediculas!  B:(

richy2

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
Re: Hyper sensitive motion detection xx59A
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 07:37:39 PM »

Have my xx59A set on the lowest setting possible for motion detection but keep getting a gazillion false alarms. The camera seems to react to the smallest changes in lighting which then triggers an alarm which in turn sends an email to me. It's to the point that I get at least 20 to 30 emails a day. I want to be notified of a problem but this is rediculas!  B:(

Is that all... ( sounding like AUSTIN POWERS IN GOLDMEMBER)

One Gazillion emails...

Only get 1 less than you.. ha....pause...ha

JG1967

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 09:44:47 PM »

This is insane, it's been alarming and sending me emails all day! I've checked around the camera and there is nothing that could be setting it off. I've about had enough. My xx40A cameras don't alarm this much by far. This thing goes back tomorrow.

richy2

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 12:06:06 PM »

This is insane, it's been alarming and sending me emails all day! I've checked around the camera and there is nothing that could be setting it off. I've about had enough. My xx40A cameras don't alarm this much by far. This thing goes back tomorrow.

You have the xx40a? is it just as annoying or less.

I have it and it alarms go off from car headlights, i also think the tree in front of my house branches blowing sets it off.. i m even thinking the back of the wall is setting it off.

Motion detection is basically useless in my case i have to much movement in front of my house, ifs either people, traffic or stray cats any time setting mines off.

JG1967

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 07:33:51 PM »

I have two xx40A's one in the front of my house and the other on the side. When it's windy I have to turn down the sensitivity but even so they alarm a third of the time compared to the xx59A.

I'd expect to get a few false alarms given the type of cameras these are but the xx59A is extreme.

CinBrandon

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2013, 10:50:00 PM »

I have not bought cameras yet, but am trying to determine something. What are the motion detection options?

My friend has the Swann cameras and DVR. On his cameras, it puts up a grid on the motion detection settings page. from there, he can select which portion of the grid is subject to motion detection. For instance, he can select squares on his sidewalk, yard, and porch, but deselect the street, tree, and sky.

Does X10 have this option?

see page 20 of this manual for an example

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CC0QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.swann.com%2Fwebfiles%2Fdownload%2F1212sw342_2dv_DVR4-2500_manual_english270809.pdf&ei=ke3QUb_SOIic9QTo34DQCA&usg=AFQjCNFg7Q7IDt-HeCmafkkiGpnCqB7I1g&sig2=ahUfcpZxv5yISX-XAXxMXA&bvm=bv.48572450,d.eWU

richy2

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2013, 02:20:40 PM »

I have not bought cameras yet, but am trying to determine something. What are the motion detection options?

My friend has the Swann cameras and DVR. On his cameras, it puts up a grid on the motion detection settings page. from there, he can select which portion of the grid is subject to motion detection. For instance, he can select squares on his sidewalk, yard, and porch, but deselect the street, tree, and sky.

Does X10 have this option?

see page 20 of this manual for an example

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CC0QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.swann.com%2Fwebfiles%2Fdownload%2F1212sw342_2dv_DVR4-2500_manual_english270809.pdf&ei=ke3QUb_SOIic9QTo34DQCA&usg=AFQjCNFg7Q7IDt-HeCmafkkiGpnCqB7I1g&sig2=ahUfcpZxv5yISX-XAXxMXA&bvm=bv.48572450,d.eWU
No X-10 software just dectects motion and the sensitivity to lowest doesn't seem to make any difference high or low..

I am currently testing blue iris with 3 different x10 ( xx40, xx34, xx36 ). It has the grid thingy you referenced.
It also puts a red box around the moving object.
the sensitivity is just as bad on low it still detects cars moving on either side of the street so even on the lowest setting.

as far as putting up grid, i did just look as im typing it... you can do that in blue iris.
Has a 15 day free trail... then its 30 bucks 1 camera or 50 bucks for license key for muti-cameras.

josw71

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2013, 02:45:11 PM »

I glad your trying Blue Iris

CinBrandon

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2013, 12:10:59 AM »

Bummer on not having the grid. There is no need to record if movement is in the street, sky, etc.

I'm still researching systems. Thanks.

richy2

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2013, 06:43:37 PM »

Bummer on not having the grid. There is no need to record if movement is in the street, sky, etc.

I'm still researching systems. Thanks.
Blue Iris does have the grid, i just having played around with it...But it is a pretty awesome tool for IP Cams.

I suggest anyone to take advantage of Blue Iris 15 day Freebie. NO CC NEEDED TO USE FOR A 15 DAY TRAIL.

stoneyc

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2013, 08:06:47 PM »

blue iris software is the best there is if camera not supported just write him and it will be added this guy has the best support you've ever seen been dealing with him since 2009

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.