Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Several Technical Questions about XX34A Setup  (Read 2116 times)

nativedc

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Several Technical Questions about XX34A Setup
« on: May 28, 2013, 10:52:59 AM »

I hope someone on this forum can help me understand some of the technical stuff in the user's manual for the XX34A camera. Here goes:

Excerpt, Network Configuration: "Obtain IP from DHCP server: If clicked, the device will obtain IP from DHCP server. In other words, the camera will have a dynamic IP." Question: Is this what I want? Should I check the "Obtain IP from DHCP server" box if my router is able?

Wireless LAN Settings: Which of these do I need or want? Not really sure what they do and/or if they are all optional - ADSL, UPnP, DDNS. I do want to be able to access the camera remotely through the internet so need to know which of these are required for that functionality.

Thanks

Mic_

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Several Technical Questions about XX34A Setup
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 02:19:35 PM »

Not sure what you are tryin to do. If you are trying to forward the port; contact Bill at X10; he is very good at what he does. I do have the same camera set up and working fine. I hope you set it up hard wire (ethernet) directly to your router first. This will make the rest of the process so much easier. Hope this hepls

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.