Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 36A wireless connection problems  (Read 1995 times)

SAILSGUY

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
36A wireless connection problems
« on: July 24, 2013, 09:14:02 PM »

I just bought 4 cameras 2 xc59a's for the office and 2 model cx36a's for home. I hooked up the 2 36a cameras and they work fine via LAN but I cannot get the wireless to work. I can see the network and I put in the key and nothing. Just for grins I brought one of the newer model 59a home from the office. I installed its software and set up the wireless and bingo it works. Tried the 36a again now knowing that I had all the correct settings still no luck.

Any ideas?

richy2

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
Re: 36A wireless connection problems
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 12:01:46 PM »

I just bought 4 cameras 2 xc59a's for the office and 2 model cx36a's for home. I hooked up the 2 36a cameras and they work fine via LAN but I cannot get the wireless to work. I can see the network and I put in the key and nothing. Just for grins I brought one of the newer model 59a home from the office. I installed its software and set up the wireless and bingo it works. Tried the 36a again now knowing that I had all the correct settings still no luck.

Any ideas?
When you tired the cameras..  Are you using the camera's DDNS url to view remotely ( away from home ).
Run the interface .. click on system> look at DDNS Status for the URL. Try it.

Did you set the software to work wirelessly? Once you have it working on the Lan.. then
click on Network > Wireless Settings > click SCAN>wait> click scan>wait until  you see your ROUTER in the list ( note: manual says you may have to click scan more than 2 times. NOTE: I HAD TO CLICK 5 TIMES)

once your router is listed...highlight it>FILL OUT THE INFO> click submit> unplug your CAT 5 cable from the camera. EUREKA.. IT SHOULD WORK WIRELESSLY.

SAILSGUY

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: 36A wireless connection problems
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 10:17:08 PM »

Thanks for helping but I did exactly what you just said. Saw the wireless network set it up rebooted pulled the LAN cable no connection. Same settings on the HD camera and that works. My laptop, Droid also work fine. I also tried the other matching camera and that didn't work as well.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.