Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Hey I need your attention... says the dog.  (Read 1669 times)

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Hey I need your attention... says the dog.
« on: March 21, 2014, 09:28:12 PM »

A great automation idea... for dog owners.

We’ve all experienced it, that moment where Fido is doing just about anything to grab your attention to let you know he needs to potty. And when we mean by anything, we don’t exclude the destruction of our doors, rugs, and furniture to give you the heads-up.
You can’t blame them; when you gotta go you gotta go, right? Well, one college student literally took that phrase right out of our mouths when he created the, “Gotta Go” button.
This past August, 20-year old, Chad Bingo and his father of Penfield, New York, had enough of their dog Gracie scratching at the door when it was time for her to go.
Chad and his father thought it would be a great idea if Gracie could hit a button near the door that would alert them of a needed bathroom break.
It started out as a joke with a Staples Easy Button, but to their surprise, the button worked perfectly.

Read more at http://blog.theanimalrescuesite.com/student-invents-gotta-go-button/#Yioe1C2xAH4S2mv7.99
Home Automation is an always changing technology

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Hey I need your attention... says the dog.
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 06:50:33 PM »

I have many different alert functions in my home setup. But I am also a user of BVC (Bill's Voice Commander) 3rd party software and a 24/7 home automation computer. So my alerts are delivered by speakers via the computer. The computer voice alerts me when my garage door is left open, or someone enters the yard... and so forth.

I love the idea of the dog alerting the family of a need to go. I am thinking maybe a ruh roh.... in a scooby doo voice? 
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.