Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Thank You so much for returning the old forums.  (Read 8065 times)

beelocks

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
Re: Thank You so much for returning the old forums.
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2014, 02:30:39 PM »

Happy Halloween Ladies :)
Although my explanations may not be exactly clear, I do hope for slightly less cloudy.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2014, 10:07:06 PM »

Happy Halloween Ladies :)

Nice to see you back! I hope X10.... and all of us X10 fans... have a great 2014.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

JMac

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2014, 12:27:37 PM »

My best to all for this New Year!
Thanks for all the fine work in returning the forums.  This info is invaluable in keeping an x10 system up and running and will answer many questions for the novice as well as the X10 expert (if there is one).
Thanks too, Authinx!!  Looking forward to the new products and development -- we all know that there is much life left in X10.   #:)

lviper

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 10
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2014, 03:56:32 PM »

Again I would like to say thanks for bringing back these forums. While I lurk most of the time, I have always used this place as an invaluable resource. I would love to see it utilized as much as it once was before it's temporary demise so I thought maybe, since it seems the entire user database is still intact, maybe someone could send out a bulk email letting everyone who once used the forums that it is back online.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2014, 06:36:10 PM »

Again I would like to say thanks for bringing back these forums. While I lurk most of the time, I have always used this place as an invaluable resource. I would love to see it utilized as much as it once was before it's temporary demise so I thought maybe, since it seems the entire user database is still intact, maybe someone could send out a bulk email letting everyone who once used the forums that it is back online.
That is 24795 emails. ::) :'
I don't think a ISP would let that many go out automatically and doing it manually would take forever.
Posting to other boards that it is back up is the best option and I would think most have a post like that now.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

lviper

• PI Expert
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2014, 09:04:08 AM »

There should be a setting in the forums to only send out X amount of emails per hour. Just have to check with the ISP for the limit, make the setting and let them go. Most of the time the limit is 500 per hour before any flags are set. That would take just over 2 days automatically. Even if you did a lesser amount that took several days, at least it's automatic. But in the spirit of spam, you would want to let the ISP know about it and ask for a limit suggestion.

But yes, If it can't be throttled then there are way too many to do manually. Has anyone looked in to removing users that haven't logged in for say over 5 years? Even removing unverified users. That could get the number of users down.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2014, 10:02:36 AM »

Unverified users I remove monthly.
We usually get a average of 20 daily spammers also that the mod catches that need to be checked and removed as well.
I can filer out newbies and other members by status but only the senior member and hero member groups have a low enough count for auto emailing.
That is the only way a email send can be limited with the version of the forum currently running. There may be a mod available to further limit sends but installing one is something I can't do.
The new company IT guy has enough issues on the go right now with out having email bog downs.
Most of the contributing members get notice when a thread they posted to gets a new post anyways.
Some users also setup a special email address just for the forum and have since removed it. :(
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

lviper

• PI Expert
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2014, 02:29:34 PM »

I understand. It was just a thought. Still very thankful. Besides, I'd rather the new company focus on getting the servers back up. My current AHP PC is dying a slow death and want to move to a newer PC with W7. The old one has XP. If I can hold out for the servers then I won't have to try and backup/clone and restore to a new PC then upgrade to W7.

MANOWAR©

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
  • Your new messiah's me.
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2014, 10:29:33 PM »

So glad this is still around. My x10 has been running flawlessly for a few years now but I never want to see a good resource go away.
Lesbians killed the mullet for everyone.

BuBuSpidecky

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
  • Hammie is my Hero
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2014, 08:48:52 PM »

>! #:) :)+ >!
All I can say is THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers,
BuBu
 >! #:) :)+ >! :)% :)% :)% :)% :)% :)%
Cheers,
BuBu

Out of my mind...Please Leave a message!
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.