Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 34

Author Topic: New x10 Wi-Fi unit  (Read 165637 times)

Dan1

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Re: New x10 Wi-Fi unit
« Reply #180 on: October 20, 2015, 01:34:00 PM »

'Will we see this for Christmas 2015?'

Christmas is only 2 months away, that sounds very optimistic. Any idea of what the pricing will be?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #181 on: October 20, 2015, 01:48:48 PM »

'Will we see this for Christmas 2015?'

Christmas is only 2 months away, that sounds very optimistic. Any idea of what the pricing will be?

Stranger things have happened  rofl

No word on pricing, chances are you'll know that before me anyways. I never hear what is released till after the fact and usually its when I check the X10 site. ::) :'
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Dan1

« Reply #182 on: October 21, 2015, 01:55:13 PM »

I know the wi-fi unit is designed for the smartphone user but were you able to access it via a computer?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #183 on: October 21, 2015, 06:20:25 PM »

To be honest I've not tried very hard yet.
I hope to be able to spend some time  playing with this once the next version of the software is out.
The current version only allows one device to connect currently if you connect with another device you loose your settings (timers, devices & rooms) ::) :'
Since I wanted to expose as many flaws as possible with the software, I only tried connecting once with another device.

I did try some capturing with Wireshark however I'm not very experienced with it.
I also tried an Android emulator but the one I tried would not use my Wi-Fi.
The emulator route would be the way to go If you could find one that can access your network.
I believe I had one on my development PC that I could connect to the internet with but I believe I deleted it. B:(

Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #184 on: November 09, 2015, 11:49:21 AM »

I've been told the Android software version is finished although I've yet to see it  ::) :' ( to be fare I was away for a few weeks)
I'm not sure even if the new software will work on my prototype.

The go ahead was given for the iOS version to be developed this is to be identical in looks and performance I was originally told.

Also the tooling has been approved and production has started on the unit.
I guess I'll need to go talk to Santa! ;)
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #185 on: November 09, 2015, 05:25:25 PM »

I WILL NOT GET EXCITED. I WILL NOT GET EXCITED. I WILL NOT GET EXCITED. I WILL NOT GET EXCITED. I WILL NOT GET EXCITED. I WILL NOT GET EXCITED. I WILL NOT GET EXCITED. I WILL NOT GET EXCITED. I WILL NOT GET EXCITED. I WILL NOT GET EXCITED. I WILL NOT GET EXCITED. I WILL NOT GET EXCITED. I WILL NOT GET EXCITED. I WILL NOT GET EXCITED. I WILL NOT GET EXCITED. I WILL NOT GET EXCITED. I WILL NOT GET EXCITED. I WILL NOT GET EXCITED. I WILL NOT GET EXCITED. I WILL NOT GET EXCITED. I WILL NOT GET EXCITED. I WILL NOT GET EXCITED. I WILL NOT GET EXCITED. I WILL NOT GET EXCITED. I WILL NOT GET EXCITED. I WILL NOT GET EXCITED.  (pant pant) I WILL NOT GET EXCITED. I WILL NOT GET EXCITED. I WILL NOT GET EXCITED. I WILL NOT GET EXCITED. I WILL NOT GET EXCITED. I WILL NOT GET EXCITED. I WILL NOT GET EXCITED. I WILL NOT GET EXCITED. I WILL NOT GET EXCITED. I WILL NOT GET EXCITED. I WILL NOT GET EXCITED.  :'
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #186 on: November 09, 2015, 05:27:44 PM »

rofl
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tucson

« Reply #187 on: November 10, 2015, 12:26:28 PM »

Does the software allow you an offset from sunrise and sunset?

Also way too soon but it would also be cool if it would interface to Amazon echo.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #188 on: November 10, 2015, 12:59:19 PM »

I haven't seen the latest software build the scenes needed a lot of work in the initial release and didn't have offsets then.
I doubt it will interface with Amazon echo thought Authinx has stated they will release the Protocol.
When that happens there should be no shortage of ways to connect.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #189 on: November 10, 2015, 05:58:57 PM »

I WILL NOT GET EXCITED. I WILL NOT GET EXCITED. I WILL NOT GET EXCITED. I WILL NOT GET EXCITED. I WILL NOT GET EXCITED. I WILL NOT GET EXCITED. I WILL NOT GET EXCITED. I WILL NOT GET EXCITED. I WILL NOT GET EXCITED. I WILL NOT GET EXCITED. I WILL NOT GET EXCITED. I WILL NOT GET EXCITED. I WILL NOT GET EXCITED. I WILL NOT GET EXCITED. I WILL NOT GET EXCITED. I WILL NOT GET EXCITED. I WILL NOT GET EXCITED. I WILL NOT GET EXCITED. I WILL NOT GET EXCITED. I WILL NOT GET EXCITED. I WILL NOT GET EXCITED. I WILL NOT GET EXCITED. I WILL NOT GET EXCITED. I WILL NOT GET EXCITED. I WILL NOT GET EXCITED. I WILL NOT GET EXCITED.  (pant pant) I WILL NOT GET EXCITED. I WILL NOT GET EXCITED. I WILL NOT GET EXCITED. I WILL NOT GET EXCITED. I WILL NOT GET EXCITED. I WILL NOT GET EXCITED. I WILL NOT GET EXCITED. I WILL NOT GET EXCITED. I WILL NOT GET EXCITED. I WILL NOT GET EXCITED. I WILL NOT GET EXCITED.  :'

ALL WORK AND NO PLAY MAKES DAVE A DULL BOY.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #190 on: November 11, 2015, 09:14:23 AM »

ALL WORK AND NO PLAY MAKES DAVE A DULL BOY.
Knight! Have you been talking to my wife?
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #191 on: November 11, 2015, 11:59:39 AM »

I received the new software version today and it looks the same.
I've requested info on the scenes settings as they aren't set up like AHP macros which is confusing me as to how they should work.
There is a timer option for each device you add to the scene but I'm unsure if this is a delay or a time for the device to switch to the opposite state.

I've also requested what is the min android build this will run on as my Airpad will not install it. B:( :'(
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #192 on: November 13, 2015, 02:32:42 PM »

I feel we have all waited long enough for this and the Authinx owner agrees.
The software still needs work however the manufacture was looking after this and the developer paid.
Authinx has got a new developer to work on the next version of the software which won't be out till after initial release.

The current software is very powerful in the Scene area though it is very confusing to setup so I suspect lots of questions.
It took me several attempts to create a complex scene with timers and I made several suggestions to make this less complex.
The owner is hoping to have an initial limited shipment in before Christmas. So some of you lucky ones may snag one if you visit the sales page regularly.
Also watch the announcement section in the forum as I'm trying to get something special put together for forum members.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Dan1

« Reply #193 on: November 14, 2015, 01:16:01 PM »

Great that the wi-fi unit is finally in the pipeline.

I also tried an Android emulator but the one I tried would not use my Wi-Fi.
The emulator route would be the way to go If you could find one that can access your network.
I believe I had one on my development PC that I could connect to the internet with but I believe I deleted it. B:(

I installed the 'Bluestacks' http://www.bluestacks.com/ free wi-fi emulator. It's a bit slow and because it's free you have to occasionally download a few free game apps. I installed my thermostat control app and it worked, so it does connect with wi-fi.

toasterking

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
  • We adore chaos because we love to produce order.
« Reply #194 on: November 14, 2015, 01:25:19 PM »

I installed the 'Bluestacks' http://www.bluestacks.com/ free wi-fi emulator. It's a bit slow and because it's free you have to occasionally download a few free game apps. I installed my thermostat control app and it worked, so it does connect with wi-fi.

Thanks for the tip!  "Helpful Post" from me!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 34

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.