Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Old camera new TV, how do I get my XC10A to work with the new digital TVs?  (Read 9090 times)

snave1

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

I pulled out my XC10A wireless camera but discovered it does not work with the newer digital TVs so what does it take to get this working?  I see a video and audio port on the receiver box, that links to the TV, but this doesn't not work, seem only co-axial connection does as I even tried hooking this up to an older analog TV and coaxial connection worked just fine but not the video/audio ports, which didn't work on the digital either.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Old camera new TV, how do I get my XC10A to work with the new digital TVs?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 10:55:05 PM »

I pulled out my XC10A wireless camera but discovered it does not work with the newer digital TVs so what does it take to get this working?  I see a video and audio port on the receiver box, that links to the TV, but this doesn't not work, seem only co-axial connection does as I even tried hooking this up to an older analog TV and coaxial connection worked just fine but not the video/audio ports, which didn't work on the digital either.

Mixing new and old technologies isn't always easy or does it always give the most desirable results.

The X10 camera Wiki is on-line and has all the instructions you might need.

If your currently using the digital (HDMI) connection on your TV (from the Cable box).... just use ether the cameras receivers video... or use the coax connection and channel 3 or 4. Ether way..... you will need to use the TV's setting to switch back and forth to the setting you want to view.

Using another/spare TV to test the camera and all the setting (such as location) is an excellent idea.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 10:57:24 PM by HA Dave »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.