Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Why Arent There Any Good AHP Tutorials?  (Read 1714 times)

Dominique

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Why Arent There Any Good AHP Tutorials?
« on: January 03, 2014, 02:22:28 AM »

I am a noob here and I have been looking around all over the place and have yet to find me a good beginners tutorial.  In fact, I havent found any at all.  Am I looking in the wrong place?  Do you all have any suggestions?

I literally just got into X10, in fact I scored a really good package deal (majority of my stuff still new in box) off craigslist.  I am still learning.  I successfully got a few of my appliance and also lamp modules to work however I really dont like this ugly remote.  I want to be able to use software to control my x10 devices.  I tried installing AHP and got an error saying COULD NOT COMMUNICATE TO THE NETWORK SERVER ERROR 1.

Am I missing something?  Do I need some sort of hardware to go along with the AHP software?  Forgive my ignorance but again, I am brand new to all this. Is AHP even what I am looking for since my main goal is to have software control my devices or do I need something else?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Why Arent There Any Good AHP Tutorials?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 05:41:18 AM »

You need a cm15a,cm19a, or cm11a to use AHP.
Most of the servers are off like as X10 is under restructuring this is why you can't install AHP.
However you can install the European version from Marmitec.
There are also other third party soft wares that will work like PC Companion
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.