Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Modules being switched off at unscheduled times  (Read 3709 times)

traes

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Modules being switched off at unscheduled times
« on: May 22, 2013, 04:04:32 PM »

I have two outside light systems (A3 & A6) which are programmed for dusk to dawn operation. They have worked flawlessly for years. Lately they turn off between 10:30 and 11:00 pm. Some nights the lights on B2 also go out at about the same time. They are also on a dusk/dawn schedule. When I look at my activity log, I can see the un-programmed commands at the times the lights are going off. Some of the commands are listed as macros but I don't have macros programmed for these modules. This happens even when I remove the CM15 A from its outlet and turn my computer off. The rogue commands still come in and appear on the activity log. I have checked to see if I have any house code conflicts in my neighborhood but none show up.

What could be going on here?

The remaining modules in my system all perform according to their programmed schedules.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: Modules being switched off at unscheduled times
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 04:35:06 PM »

This happens even when I remove the CM15 A from its outlet and turn my computer off. The rogue commands still come in and appear on the activity log.
If you unplug the CM15A and turn off computer, how can the activity log be active. If you have two CM15As could the second be issuing commands (maybe "LifeStyle" function is in play?).
Otherwise I would try deleting the A3 and A6 timers, and rewrite them.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 11:03:54 AM »

If you have 2 CM15A's you MUST have TWO Computers for each CM15A and any modules have to have different addresses for each CM15A.   The 2 CM15's MUST have different house codes or they will clash with each other.   BTW, I've never seen the two CM15's in the same house before.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

dave w

• Community Organizer
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 12:13:43 PM »

Dan, the OP never said he had two CM15As.  What he said was; he unplugged the CM15A, and the computer, but the "rogue commands still come in and appear on the Activity Log". There is a big disconnect at that point...I was just asking for clarification.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 09:43:36 AM »

My mistake!! I am sorry.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

dave w

• Community Organizer
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2013, 11:40:12 AM »

My mistake!! I am sorry.
Well, if the OP comes back and says he does have two CM15As then your advice is right on the mark. I was just thinking he would have mentioned two interfaces if he had them,  and instead was actually meaning he reset everything and the rogue comands continued after he reconnected everything. But I am doing a lot of reading between the lines to get there.

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2013, 01:36:08 PM »

If you have 2 CM15A's you MUST have TWO Computers for each CM15A and any modules have to have different addresses for each CM15A.   The 2 CM15's MUST have different house codes or they will clash with each other.   BTW, I've never seen the two CM15's in the same house before.
I have 3 cm15a's. All have the same modules programmed into them. You cannot set any address to a specific CM15A.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.