Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: CM15A Computer Interface Communication  (Read 2687 times)

DannyDontAHP

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
CM15A Computer Interface Communication
« on: January 09, 2014, 01:28:32 PM »

I searched as best as I could. I have a working CM15A. However, seems the clock time is messed up AND I want to update some of my commands. I am attempting to make these updates via my laptop connected via the USB cable interface. I have no indication that I am/am not communicating. I do not receive any errors or confirmations. I am not wanting to reset the device as it works in a fashion (several "macros"/timers). It will also handle RF commands sent from a Universal Remote - UR74A. (I am having trouble using a Stick-A-Switch - SS15A ... update works within 3 feet - new battery required). I am using version 3.316 but currently cannot locate the Installation Disk. I have an older one for the serial interface to an older CM15A type device. When I bring up the Activity Monitor I see no activity when I send a command from the computer to the CM15A. If I remember correctly I should see the command being sent and perhaps a response depending on Module Type. I have used this in the past to do some debugging. I so no activity just now as I tested the SS15A. I don't want to be too much longer but here is the REAL problem: I have a light that comes on at 6:30 AM, this wakes the dog, the dog wakes my wife, and I end up in the dog house!!!!

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Dan Foltz
DannyDont@GMail.Com

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: CM15A Computer Interface Communication
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 06:06:27 PM »

.... I am attempting to make these updates via my laptop connected via the USB cable interface. I have no indication that I am/am not communicating. I do not receive any errors or confirmations.

I am not going to assume you have AHP loaded on your laptop.... do you? If the laptop doesn't respond when you plug in the AHP... try a new/different USB cord. Or a different USB plug [if you have one] on the laptop.

....... but here is the REAL problem: I have a light that comes on at 6:30 AM, this wakes the dog, the dog wakes my wife, and I end up in the dog house!!!! Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Until this problem is resolved unplug the light.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

DannyDontAHP

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 06:56:12 AM »

I can't unplug the light because it is using an inline module. I guess I could take the light bulbs out but it is the light in the entry way and also the light for the stairs. It is rather important to have it available when it is dark which is most of the time now here in Michigan. Is there any way to get the software downloaded? Of course I have long ago forgotten my Registration Code. Anything we can do along this line?

I will also try a couple of other USB cables. The one I am using was connected to my printer and the printer was working. But I have many many many USB cables.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2014, 07:53:04 AM »

First off don't install the old software it will mess up your AHP install.
There are a couple of threads on my site for AHP new and reinstalls.
Back up your AHP files then download and install the free European version from Marmitec.
X10 North American software currently isn't available but the new comp[any is working to get the servers back up so this is possible.
If you have lost registration codes you will be out of luck that way so make sure you have back ups before you install the European version.
This doesn't require registration but if you wish to convert it to a US version you need your back up files.
Since your reinstalling on the same PC your registration info is in the registry somewhere so AHP will see it even after a reinstall.
 >!

Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2014, 10:15:29 AM »

I can't unplug the light because it is using an inline module.

You could change the house code and operate the light manually until you resolve the problem.

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days

DannyDontAHP

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2014, 09:46:27 PM »

First to Tuiceman (sp).  Thank you for a very good answer. I think for me the best bet is to wait and see. What is frustrating is that when it works it is so good. And when it doesn't it is #%<~}. My long term solution is to wait for the new company or switch to something else that can also control X-10 modules. Thanks again for your answer. I am going to take a look at your site. Just one more comment. I have a log cabin that I remodeled a couple of years ago into a log home. My original goal was to have NO wall switches but rather work all lights and plugs using X-10. I am rather happy now that I could not convince my wife or my electricians to do so. OUCH!

About changing the house code. That is a possibility that I had not considered. I just need to get at the inline module. I think it is right in the ceiling mount for the light. I'll take a look at that tomorrow. Thanks.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.