💬General Category > X10 Product Wish List

SR731 RF repeater?

(1/4) > >>

Tuicemen:
X10 is debating bringing this back.
However they don't currently have tooling for it so this would most likely be a totally new module.
I never had one of these units so I'd like to hear from anyone that has or had one.
Maybe a new version could have better specs then the original units.
most users needing this device have gone with a WGL unit

HA Dave:
I have one. I didn't find mine to be particularly useful. It sits in my big plastic tub of spare X10 parts.

Tuicemen:
I wonder if an antenna mod would improve the performance.
As a suggestion maybe if this is brought back have a screw in antenna similar to that on IP cameras and routers.
This would allow users to add a longer antenna or different wired one at a higher location then what normally would be possible.
 >!

dhouston:
X10-WTI appeared to sell transceivers with inadequate range in order to justify selling an RF repeater to fix the inadequate range problem. One would hope Authinx would rather improve the antennas on the transceivers thus eliminating any need for a repeater.

Tuicemen:

--- Quote from: dhouston on April 25, 2014, 01:29:23 PM ---X10-WTI appeared to sell transceivers with inadequate range in order to justify selling an RF repeater to fix the inadequate range problem. One would hope Authinx would rather improve the antennas on the transceivers thus eliminating any need for a repeater.

--- End quote ---
I've made the suggestion that new modules get a replaceable screw in antenna similar to IP cameras.
This should help any one with range issues be able to swap out to a better antenna. Who knows if that's what will happen! ::) :'
Apparently the new X10 has decided to go ahead with a new RF repeater.
Engineers I'm told already have a working proto type which has a range of 150 feet.
However they have been told to try and push that range even further.
 >!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version