Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AHP Questions (several)  (Read 3628 times)

Elamderek5743

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
AHP Questions (several)
« on: April 28, 2014, 01:53:59 PM »

I'm looking into getting a CM15A to operate the X10 modules with my laptop. I've read several places that the CM15A acts as a transciever, and other topics saying it needs one to function. I don't currently own a transciever module because all my controlling is done with mini timers and tabletop controllers. Do I need something like a TM751 in order for the CM15A to do its job?

Second, when I installed AHP (The US version from X10's website), it crashes on startup. The install finishes fine but AHP crashes at the plugin loading screen. It installed/ran just fine on my desktop. I also have the Marmitek (EU) version of AHP, but will that work with a CM15A? Because I'm pretty sure they're no longer making the CM15Pro if it even has a US plug on it.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: AHP Questions (several)
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 02:26:00 PM »

I'm looking into getting a CM15A to operate the X10 modules with my laptop. I've read several places that the CM15A acts as a transciever, and other topics saying it needs one to function. I don't currently own a transciever module because all my controlling is done with mini timers and tabletop controllers. Do I need something like a TM751 in order for the CM15A to do its job?
The CM15A is a transceiver it does not need a tm751 to work.

Second, when I installed AHP (The US version from X10's website), it crashes on startup. The install finishes fine but AHP crashes at the plugin loading screen. It installed/ran just fine on my desktop. I also have the Marmitek (EU) version of AHP, but will that work with a CM15A? Because I'm pretty sure they're no longer making the CM15Pro if it even has a US plug on it.
More info is needed on your crash.
What windows version?
What error screens if any are displayed?
Did this have AHP installed on it prior(any version)?

The Marmitek version will work with the CM15A however you will get European modules, holidays and cities.
I have created a conversion tool to change this to a North American 3.318 version with proper modules.
The drawback is it is Unregistered so you get a nag screen at start up (closing it gets things working)
I'm also working on a full North American installer which I hope to have available shortly. This to is unregistered so the nag screen appears.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Elamderek5743

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 03:51:00 PM »

What windows version?
What error screens if any are displayed?
Did this have AHP installed on it prior(any version)?

Before downloading the US version (which is now available for real on x10.com if you search for CM15A), I had the marmitek version installed to see how it worked. That version still works fine, so if it will work with the CM15A I'll probably just use that. I don't need timers, anyway- just macros and the ability to direct the lights from my laptop (I primarily use X10 to control lights at parties and for home theater lighting).

The laptop is an HP pavilion with Windows 7 64-bit. No error screen is shown, just the plugin loading screen followed by a generic Windows crash ("Active home professional has stopped working").

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 04:21:28 PM »

Both the x10 US and European versions are old versions.
The one X10 has available is older then the Marmitek one.
Since you had the Marmitek version installed first that is why the one from X10 has errors when attempting to load.
The newer updated dll files aren't compatible with the older version.  ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Elamderek5743

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2014, 04:27:12 PM »

Alright well I got my CM15A in the mail today and it works with the Marmitek version but it sometimes behaves oddly. I've already had to reset it 3 times. When sending a command (usually a macro trigger) from either AHP or a remote, sometimes the CM15A will not execute the macro and will instead lock up and stop responding. When this happens AHP will either still show the interface as connected but still not run commands I click on, or the dreaded "USB not recognized" error appears and I have to unplug everything and pop a battery out and re-try. Eventually I will get it to work again and all the commands that I sent since it locked up will happen in quick succession.

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2014, 10:07:22 PM »

The CM15A is a "polite" transmitter, and will not transmit when it believes there is already X10 traffic on the powerline.  Some electrical devices generate powerline noise that can look like X10 traffic.  If strong enough, that can cause the CM15A to delay transmission until the noise clears.

If you have any potential noise generators on the same circuit as the CM15A, such as CFL or LED lights and small plug-in power modules, turn them off or unplug them and see if the CM15A works properly.

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.