Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: wireless receivers  (Read 26144 times)

olbare

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
wireless receivers
« on: September 23, 2014, 06:01:13 PM »

i purchased system on ebay. 3  xc18a cameras. 1 wireless receiver with info label on bottem removed. receiver powers on switchs chanels. you can see this on monitor. but does not pick up any of the 3   xc18a cameras. im assuming its the wrong receiver. is there any way to identify model # other then label on bottem. i dont know what cameras & receivers are compatable. id be grateful for any help on this matter!
                      thank you
                                    russ

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: wireless receivers
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 06:24:42 PM »

Here is a link to the XC18A wiki page.
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/XC18A
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Wireless_Cameras

You probably have the correct receiver. Look at the links above and verify the camera is set to the correct channel. Probably a switch under a small rubber hole plug.

The power supply for the cameras have an X10 address set by the House Code and Unit Code Dials.
They work in groups of four. Unit Code 1-4,5-8,9-12 and 13-16.
Send an x10 On to one of the four. The other three in the group go Off. As the receiver can only process one RF signal at a time. Have more than one On they will interfere with each other.
You will need an X10 power line sender to control them.
Did you get any camera remotes? Then you could use a Transceiver to process the remotes commands to the power line.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 06:27:10 PM by Brian H »

olbare

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2014, 03:42:33 AM »

i have no remotes. i tried 1 camera at a time. i had channel set the same on both. tv flickers when switching channels on recvr. nothing from any of the 3cameras on any channel when switching. possible it could be pwer cord i tried for cameras. tested cameras with same power cord.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2014, 06:03:21 AM »

The power supply has two voltage outputs.
One is On all the time to keep the cameras electronics running and the other turns the RF transmitter in the camera On and Off.
It maybe possible if the switched voltage is no going ON. The camera would not be sending any signals to the receiver.
If you have another camera power supply. I would say try it.

Did you ever find any X10 model number on the power supply or receiver?

If you have a chance. In the second wiki link I posted. There is information on other 2.4GHz devices interfering with the cameras signals.
If you have things like a wireless network. It is possible it maybe causing issues.

The cameras default to On at power up. So until you can switch the cameras On and Off. Only one can be running at a time or they will interfere with each other.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 11:34:21 AM by Brian H »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.