Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Active Home Pro help. No programed times working.  (Read 2210 times)

fourjoe

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Active Home Pro help. No programed times working.
« on: October 04, 2014, 01:34:06 PM »

My Active Home pro has stopped working.  None of the programed lamps in the CMA15 turn on/off or dim anymore.  Every once in awhile a lamp will turn on by itself at a non-programmed time.

I've been in this house for 3 years and everything (5 lamp modules) worked fine until about a month ago.

I've cleared the CMA memory several times, reloaded and even created some new files to save, but with the same result.  All the modules are LM465.
I've tried moving the CMA to different outlets, even though it worked fine for 3 years in the same spot.

Thinking it might be a CMA failure, I purchased a used one.  Same result.
Today I downloaded the AHP V 3.3, but no luck so far getting anything to respond.

I have a remote control unit and can control the modules that way, but no timed events are working.

The active home registration transfered over to the AHP, but not the smart macro registration.

Nothing electrical-wise has changed in the house.  The lm465 commands are basic.  On at dusk, dim and later turn off.  I've been using Active Home for probably 20 years and except for one house where I had to install the phase coupler, I've never had a problem like this.

If anybody has any ideas, I'd sure appreciate any input.
Win7 home premimum.

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
Re: Active Home Pro help. No programed times working.
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2014, 05:33:11 PM »

You said nothing electrically changed, but are you sure. Components in electronics degrade and can become noisy. RF remotes can get stuck in a continuous transmit cycle. Even neighbors home can create havoc. Smart meter, anyone?

Step one: rent or buy an XTBM signal meter and confirm that the powerline is clean, and that the signals are getting through.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2014, 06:11:43 PM »

What version of AHP where you using before updating to 3.318?

If your LM456s are not soft start {Ramp On and Off}. Use the drop down Older Lamps (Before Soft Start) Modules choices.
The Lamps Module choices are now Soft Start versions and older modules will not respond properly.

fourjoe

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2014, 11:09:16 AM »

I haven't changed any modules and have gone back to using Active Home Pro 3.313 with the almost same results.  They rarely work on programed times.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.