Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AHP, CM15a and PS561 Question  (Read 2369 times)

lviper

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 10
AHP, CM15a and PS561 Question
« on: December 16, 2014, 09:39:29 AM »

Looking for information I once read in these forums has been like looking for a needle in a haystack lately. So I figured I would ask.

I have a PS561 and AHP (latest version) with a CM15a. AHP also has smart macros and on alert plugins. I've been having some issues with using the DS10a triggering a light and my troubleshooting has led me to a question. Do I want my AHP to transceive PS561's house code? The lights I'm trying to control are on the same house code as the PS561 system.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: AHP, CM15a and PS561 Question
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 10:28:39 AM »

The DS10A is a security sensor and can't address your lights directly.
Is the DS10A registered with OnAlert and the PS561 Security Console?
Since the RF commands from the DS10A can't control them directly. The CM15A would also not transceive its commands.

The PS561 can transceive standard X10 RF commands from things like the HR12A Palm Pad remotes for the House Code it is set to.

Is the DS10A triggering a macro through OnAlert to then control the lights?

What X10 module is controlling the lights?

You may have a power line signal issue to the lights. Can you sometimes control them or never?

Here are some links to troubleshooting X10 problems.
http://jvde.us/x10_troubleshooting.htm

lviper

• PI Expert
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 10:37:23 AM »

Thanks Brian, I understand all you said so maybe I should have been a little clearer. I simply need to know if I want my AHP and CM15a to transceive the PS561's HC?

My DS10a triggers a phantom module and my phantom module triggers the light on the same house code as the PS561. I'm having problems where the light sometimes does not come on or won't turn off. I suspect noise issues, but wanted to make sure I wasn't causing collisions with both the CM15a and PS561.

Now I think I may have answered my own question. While the PS561 will respond to RF signals to turn a light on and off, does it respond to power line signals? If it doesn't then I can and want to transceive the HC in question.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 11:04:00 AM »

The PS561 will respond to a standard X10 RF command from things like the HR12A Palm Pad on the House Code it is set to.
So will the CM15A if that House Code is set.
So technically if both process the same X10 standard RF command. Both could send a power line signal. Though I believe the CM15A was polite and would wait.

The DS10A will be processed as a Security Zone Message by the PS561 but not control the lights directly.

The PS561 as you thought does not process X10 power line signals.

So setting the House Code in the CM15A depends on if you are using a standard {not a security} remote to also control the same lights as OnAlert does with the dummy module.

lviper

• PI Expert
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2014, 11:19:07 AM »

I do not use and RF devices except the security remotes to sometimes turn on the security light.
Security Console on I1 as well as the porch light. This way I can turn on the porch light when coming home at night. That's about the only RF the PS561 will get.
I have other lights using I2 for 2 reasons. One is simply something for the security console to flash on an alarm trip. The other is to know when the front door has been opened. Just a visual clue for the times we can't hear the console chime when a sensor is triggered.

Lately I've been having tons of issues with my setup. Lights not coming on or turning off as expected. Wrong lights turning on when I expect another. Sometimes having to press the on or off button 3 or more times to get the light to work. All of which are the house code I lights using macros and the phantom module. That's why I questioned if I should transceive HC I or not in the CM15a.

I'll have to go down the noise road. I do have tons of electronics, networking and recently added a new fridge. This problem has slowly gotten worse over the past few months to the point I have stopped the macros for now. I have tried so many different things it is time to take a step back and start at the beginning.

Going to start with the XTBM and check for noise and such. I'm currently using the XPCR which could also be my problem. But all that's beyond the scope of my original post and question.

Thanks for the help Brian

dwills

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2014, 11:42:32 AM »

Iviper, Brian H

I noticed your comments about using an XPCR "being another problem" beyond scope of post.  Like many other people I have been having X10 problems for about a year or two.  It used to be solid as a rock.  Then things changed.  With tips from the Tuiceman site I've managed to get some control back but I have to have a PC running with a CM11A.  But the AH program seems to need restarting every now and then.  I have simple timers, no macros.  Some timers work.  Some don't.  I can see the timers in AH but one will show up in the activity monitor and one won't.   I used to use a CM15A.  Now I can't tell if that's working or not.  It says things are downloading to the interface but the routines don't seem any different than PC + AH + CM11A.

I thought maybe it was noise etc so I bought an XPCR.  Given that much of what I mention is AH related I guess I'm grasping at straws but I wondered what your XPCR problems were and how you knew you had them.  I don't want to install one more variable and yet another potential source of a problem.

dwills

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2014, 12:37:23 PM »

Sorry.  In previous post it's a CM19A not CM11A.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.