Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: X10 component ranges  (Read 5929 times)

bkenobi

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 24
Re: X10 component ranges
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2014, 02:31:55 PM »

I might order a couple of those to play with them.  I'll have to see if I can get them without the long boat ride, though.  Sometimes they get to me in a week, other times it's closer to 2 months.

joe s.

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2014, 03:22:53 PM »

I think there were some local ones when I did the search...upwards of $5 bucks though.  If you are dedicated to being "financially conservative"....you might order a half dozen and wait for the boat....given you might trash a couple while experimenting.

bkenobi

• PI Expert
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2014, 05:41:11 PM »

Yup, that's my standard approach.  Unless I need it right away in which case I just order it locally (North America anyway).

rbarton

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: X10 component ranges - SR751?
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2015, 08:20:41 PM »

... 2) The newly re-available SR751 Smart RF Repeater (I have no experience with this re-released device).  You could manipulate it's placement in your home to "capture" specific/bad locations, I imagine.

After installing the XBR-IIR, most of my issues are resolved! ;D  I am down to a problematic outdoor light (motion works fine; dusk/dawn operation won't work) and a short-range issue with my palmpad remote.  I primarily use the palmpad remote in the same room where my CM15a is connected.  That works fine, but when I move into the bedroom I can't control bedroom lights/lamps with a 2nd palmpad.  There is line-of-sight and only about 30 feet separating the 2nd palmpad and the CM15a but it won't work at that range. 

Has anyone had success in extending the palmpad remote's range with the SR751?    Thanks!

bkenobi

• PI Expert
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2015, 10:52:24 PM »

I installed a new MS16A to replace my faulty unit and added a full wavelength passive antenna (36") to each motion sensor.  I now have pretty good (not perfect) reliability.  The one MS16A I just replaced is actually the worst location for some reason.  I can use a palm pad remote from many times the distance to the CM15A antenna from that location but just not from that spot.  I guess there must be too much structure between the two locations.

lviper

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 10
Re: X10 component ranges - SR751?
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2015, 08:42:18 AM »

Has anyone had success in extending the palmpad remote's range with the SR751?    Thanks!

Yes. I have one small spot in my house where the signal is either weak or interference from my computer. I plug a SR751 in when I'm working on things and no more problems. I don't keep it plugged in because the rest of the room is fine and with that plugged in I get double and sometimes triple transmissions. So I only use it when needed, such as when I'm sitting there working on the HA system.

bkenobi

• PI Expert
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2015, 11:31:33 AM »

Sounds like the repeater is good, but has a downside especially if you use DIM/BRIGHT commands via RF.  If you just use ON/OFF commands, it should be perfect.
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.