Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Windows 10 - Cortana  (Read 4357 times)

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Windows 10 - Cortana
« on: July 22, 2015, 11:31:02 PM »

With windows 10 we'll also get Cortana. Microsoft's answer to Siri.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

npampel

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
Re: Windows 10 - Cortana
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 12:57:16 PM »

I saw some demo's on this and it is pretty impressive.  I would love for Cortana to work with X10/BVC, etc.    :D

HA Dave

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2015, 04:39:46 PM »

I saw some demo's on this and it is pretty impressive.  I would love for Cortana to work with X10/BVC, etc.    :D

I also... wish Bill could muster-up a final re-write so the software could use Vista, 8, and 10. Particularly now that we're seeing tiny versions of windows computer devices. I still love my Kate16 voice. She's like one of the family.

Last time I spoke with Bill... AHP wasn't yet fully loadable. That hasn't changed much. There are other flavors of automation that could be better candidates as far as growth potential... I would guess. But which one. 

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2015, 09:01:39 AM »

I haven't played with Cortana as yet though it does come with the developers pre release.

However I suspect the voice recognition operates similar to Win7-8 though has better recognition.
WSR Macros may be needed to have Cortana work with X10 or other non Microsoft software.
Or Cortana may be have to be turned off for other VR software to work correctly
Once I have a full release version of 10 installed I'll play with the recognition (Cortana) and PCC.

I also... wish Bill could muster-up a final re-write so the software could use Vista, 8, and 10. Particularly now that we're seeing tiny versions of windows computer devices. I still love my Kate16 voice. She's like one of the family.

Last time I spoke with Bill... AHP wasn't yet fully loadable. That hasn't changed much. There are other flavors of automation that could be better candidates as far as growth potential... I would guess. But which one. 
A final rewrite suggests non-support for newer windows version
Maybe the current version was a final write. :' (no support after XP)

A total rewrite isn't needed just some minor code changes for it to work with the newer Windows versions.
A major rewrite would be needed for it to work with other flavors of automation.

AHP will fully load on a new OS.(I have it running on Windows 10 and registered)
Even the Plugins will load though some that require the X10 servers won't fully work.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

HA Dave

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2015, 01:11:30 PM »

I haven't played with Cortana as yet though it does come with the developers pre release.

However I suspect the voice recognition operates similar to Win7-8 though has better recognition.

Really? I got the impression that the Cortana version is like Siri... and uses cloud computing. The servers process the voice input and (just like the NSA does) converts the voice patterns to data files. Then the data files are processed using algorithms.... that know what people say and how (and when) they say it. So yeah.... understanding rates up there with human comprehension now-a-days. 

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2015, 02:09:02 PM »

You may be right Dave.
Like I said, I hadn't played with it.
All I know was when I loaded a VR capable software it tried to open.
Not having a mic on my Windows 10 machine I never investigated any deeper.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

HA Dave

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2015, 08:56:32 PM »

You may be right Dave.
Like I said, I hadn't played with it.

I've mostly experimented with Siri on my phone. It is getting very close to an AI companion. I can control all my automation using my phone... via apps. And Siri will open the apps for me (when closed). We're just that one step away... Siri operating the apps on command. 

npampel

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2015, 01:06:49 PM »

Sorry been out of communication for a bit.  Yes, Dave you are correct, Cortana is like Siri or Google Now.  That would be great to have and work in conjunction with X10 commands.  I really want to have multi user voice recognition too; which Cortana already has, just need it with X10.

HA Dave

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2015, 10:41:10 PM »

Yes, Dave, Cortana is like Siri or Google Now.  That would be great to have and work in conjunction with X10 commands.  I really want to have multi user voice recognition too; which Cortana already has, just need it with X10.

We're so very close to it all coming together. I am absolutely confident automation will soon go further and do more than we have even imagined.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.