Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New XPS4 (2015 Review)  (Read 5795 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
New XPS4 (2015 Review)
« on: September 30, 2015, 04:26:11 PM »

I had a chance to test out the XPS3 when Authinx was updating it and asked for input.
One of the suggestions was a new model number to avoid confusion since this got the AGC (Automatic Gain Control) added.
The test unit I had felt like the old X10 WTI modules (the switch was very sloppy) this is n longer the case.

I installed the XPS4 a few days ago and I love it.
The web page states it has a Quiet Relay this is true I found I had to be right next to it to hear it!(maybe old age is getting the better of me) The test unit I had was slightly noisier but still a far cry from what I was use to.
My standard (non HA) toggle switchers are nosier then either.

It has a nice light blue almost white LED which glows when switched off this isn't overly bright so it is barely noticeable during the daytime even up close. However it makes it easy to find the switch in the dark if you actually need to manually turn it on. rofl
My test unit had a red LED and was much brighter.

Changing the house code unit code was easy enough however I was very nervous prying of the switch plate fearing the plastic would snap.
the test unit was very loose and almost fell off with no prying at all.

Having to have my place rewired this summer the box did have a ground wire added so installing was simple.
With getting our place rewired it created a phase issue which we never encountered before.
The dryer and stove trick didn't confirm this but a XTBM Pro did help me confirm this.
In doing so I also discovered a lone outlet on the same circuit as this had very high noise. I assume it is because all lights on that floor are on the same circuit  and the kitchen has a florescent fixture.
 The XPS4 has no problems weeding out the x10 signal threw this noise so the AGC is working.
 >!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 04:33:43 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: New XPS4 (2015 Review)
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2015, 05:46:40 PM »

WOHOO!! X10 is coming back. THANK YOU Authinx!!!
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: New XPS4 (2015 Review)
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 11:03:54 AM »

It does appear Authinx is following threw on their commitment to up grade their Pro line as well as expand it with new modules.
I'm not sure if they plan to only carry and distribute the pro line or continue selling both lines.
I guess that is something I'll ask in my next email ::) :'
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.