Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: timers not working  (Read 4780 times)

mwilson

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
timers not working
« on: October 17, 2015, 09:44:08 AM »

Hello again....I have set-up my on/off timers for my modules and light switches, however they will not turn on automatically as programmed. They do turn OFF as programmed. I am using the cm 11 interface and AHP. Any suggestions? Thanks, Mark

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: timers not working
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2015, 10:03:52 AM »

If the modules are Soft Start {Ramp On and Off}. Define them from the Lamps Modules Tab.
If they are not Soft Start. Use the Older Lamps (No Soft Start) tab or they will not turn On. As soft start modules use X10 extended messages to turn On that older modules do not respond to. Both soft start and older ones do respond to the same Off command.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 10:05:49 AM by Brian H »

mwilson

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2015, 09:28:46 AM »

I have installed all modules and wall switches as the older models and the lights still do not turn on. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2015, 03:51:34 PM »

I have installed all modules and wall switches as the older models and the lights still do not turn on. Any other suggestions? Thanks.
IF you do have SoftStart switches and you have identified them as non-soft start switches, they will not turn on, as Brian explained.

If you quick press the button on the switch and the lights ramp up in brightness,  if you can dim and brighten the light by pressing and holding the button . you have Soft Start switches,
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2015, 03:56:21 PM »

Soft Starts should still turn On with the old X10 On command.
Though they also have the preset dim feature that has tripped up some users.
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Newer_WS467s_and_Preset_Dim

« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 04:01:25 PM by Brian H »

flameout

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2015, 12:20:45 PM »

I'm having the exact same problem. Everything worked great for at least 10 years, then all of a sudden, my CM15A won't turn on my lights (they do go off on schedule though) I've been turning them on with my HR12A remote, but that doesn't really help me if I'm not at home.

The problem started with the new software and Windows 10. I tried installing on a Windows7 computer but I'm still having the same problem. I may try firing up an old Windows XP computer to see if that fixes the problem, but it is very frustrating to have this work flawlessly for so many years and now it's pretty much been downgraded to a remote control setup

mwilson

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2015, 01:22:35 PM »

My programing was working fine for years with Win XP and the 1.42 software. I recently bought a new desktop with Win 7 pro and downloaded AHP...that's when the problem started. I am still using the cm11a and have ordered a cm15a in hopes things will start to work appropriately. Is the 1.42 software still available?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2015, 03:49:33 PM »

X10 WTI had so many developers messing with this software it is amazing it even works for anyone.
AHP looks at the type of module you configure and if you have another transmitter in the setup to decide which type of signal to send.

As a test configure one of the troublesome lights as an appliance module to see if the light comes on and off.

Note: each time you change a modules settings you must upload to the interface and save the file. or it uses the old settings.
Also make sure the AHP recycle bin is empty AHP has been known to use old info from it instead of the proper settings.

The 1.42 software can still be found on the web though it will not work with the cm15
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2015, 06:09:22 PM »

I never found the CM11A implementation in AHP to be 100%.
If you can get AH 1.42 to work it maybe better.

The X10 Shop has it if you can't find it on an X10 web site. They also have the Active Home Vista. That I have no information on.
http://www.thex10shop.com/pages/Software-Downloads
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 06:15:07 PM by Brian H »

mwilson

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2015, 10:10:51 PM »

I plugged an appliance module into on of my lamps, set the timer, and it is working (turning on). None of my lamp modules or wall switches are turning on as programmed. I was unable to use the 1.42 software as it is 16 bit and Win pro will not load it due to being 64 bit. I will try the cm15a when it arrives and go from there. May be forced to purchase the Leviton RF equipment...expensive but perhaps less difficult to work with.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2015, 06:08:56 AM »

Not sure if this may do anything.
In Tools, Preferences,Macros. See if the Issue an On in place of Bright 100% is checked.

I do remember timers not acting correctly in AHP when a CM11A was the interface.

mwilson

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2015, 03:33:55 PM »

A quick follow-up...I received my new cm 15 a interface today. I uninstalled AHP, re-installed it and connected the hardware. The interface was recognized immediately and the lights are now turning on as programmed. So much for the old cm11a working with AHP. Thanks to all for the good advice.  Mark :D

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2015, 06:20:31 AM »

Thank you for the update on your problem.
I am glad it is now working for you.

The CM11A in AHP was always flaky. As support was quickly patched in when X10WTI could not get more CM15A interfaces.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.