Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New LED Friendly LM465 lamp modules? (2017 review)  (Read 4054 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
New LED Friendly LM465 lamp modules? (2017 review)
« on: December 10, 2017, 02:22:59 PM »

Authinix has updated the LM465 to be more LED bulb friendly.
The local sensing has been removed I'm told.
As well they have a more responsive relay from what I have been told
I tested one of these out with a 27 watt dimmable LED and results were favorable.
The bulb came on full bright (no flickering) and turned full off.
I dimmed down to 5% and there was a small flicker but not as noticeable as on other Soft start type lamp modules.
The dim level seemed brighter then 5% to me but I don't usually dim that lamp anyways so what do I know. rofl

Next for just for kicks I used a non dimmable LED 1 watt bulb (not recommended)
Since this wasn't a dimmable bulb I only used the on/off as I didn't wish to damage the bulb.
It turned On & full Off as it should and had no after glow when off.
I wasn't able to test multi brand dimmable LEDs as I only have a few and they are all Philips I believe ::) :' but based on how the non dimmable worked that shouldn't be a factor.

I no longer have any incandescent or Compact fluorescents in use but I managed to find a 9 watt non dimmable compact to try.(just the on/off) This failed terribly in the on it blinked steady but turned off just fine.

I found a 25 watt? incandescent appliance bulb laying around so thought I'd see what happened with it.
It worked as it should thought at 35% brightness it went off. I suspect a higher incandescent wattage bulb would have dimmed further.

Bottom line:
I like this new module and will be getting a few more though I don't use to many lamps.
Authinx did a good job with this one. :)%
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 02:24:35 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: New LED Friendly LM465 lamp modules? (2017 review)
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 06:29:14 PM »

Do you know if the LM465 Lamp Module.
Dims all the way down to 0%? The Soft Start from before X10WTI went out of business. They dim down to maybe 30% and went no lower. Even with a good old fashioned 40 watt incandescent bulb

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 06:42:44 PM »

Using AHP (I don't have a remote with me right now)
I just tested the dim to zero, 5% seems to be where it stops, Going to zero doesn't turn the bulb off you have to click off.
Using a remote it may be have differently (but doubt it), I can't test that till mid week.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2017, 10:24:39 AM »

When asked to test the Wi-Fi module I requested a new soft  start  lamp module as all my lamp modules were pre soft start.
This explains why my LED bulb performed so well with it. (the local sensing had all ready been removed) And here I though I had found the perfectly compatible dimmable LED bulb  :-[
This also explains why some users had no issues with a brand while others reported issues with the same brand.
It also explains why if a user found a bulb that worked as expected and placed another with a different module it didn't perform.

@Brian H, Just to clarify the diming to zero test I did was with a 25 watt Dimmable LED.
The incandescent however does go off when dimming down to zero ( that is before zero is reached) but I can't find a 60 watt version around here to get a better test. :(
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2017, 12:52:45 PM »

With further testing I can see where local sensing may be required though with LEDs becoming the norm now maybe not for Lamp modules.
I rarely turn on my lamps manually any more so for me there is no issue with this for me.
Most of my lamps power switches are in the cord and getting at them is a chore.
However if you have a lamp with the switch at the bulb and many are made like that, then if the module is in the off state you can't turn it on manually.
Also though I have no lamps with built in dimming ability this function also becomes unavailable manually if the module is off.

Update:
 I've been informed a small batch of local sensing modules will most likely be produced to have on hand for those looking for them.
These I don't expect to be available any time soon
 >!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 02:51:09 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.