Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Lamp module question  (Read 3003 times)

Leayer

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Lamp module question
« on: March 26, 2016, 11:28:58 AM »

Hi,

Is the lamp module design with soft fade feature with an ON command lamp slowly ramps up from dim to full bright. When DIM, dimming all the way down it does not dim to zero brightness but very close?

Pls confirm.  :)

Thanks, Leayer

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Lamp module question
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2016, 12:46:01 PM »

Correct the soft start version of the Lamp Module does not dim all the way down to 0%.
Rough guess is in the 10% to 20% range on mine.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 01:07:19 PM by Brian H »

toasterking

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
  • We adore chaos because we love to produce order.
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2016, 04:34:31 PM »

It does fade from 0% to 100% over ~2 seconds when sent an ON command.  You can also make it go from 0% to 100% instantly by sending an extended command or from 0% to almost-100% instantly by sending a DIM command after an OFF command.

Leayer

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2016, 10:56:53 PM »

Thank you for the reply.
The lamp module failed completely. Does not respond. I'll return it and asked for a replacement.

Leayer

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2017, 03:03:34 AM »

As LM465 lamp module have a soft fade to on feature, with an ON command lamp slowly ramps up from dim to full bright. You can make it go from 0% to 100% instantly by sending an extended command or a DIM command after an OFF command.

Can we also make it go from 100% to 0% instantly?

Do all X10 modules have this soft-start feature?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2017, 09:46:18 AM »

X10WTI never changed the part numbers to indicate Soft Start features.
So in the very beginning of the change over you could receive before Soft Start or Soft Start modules in an order. I believe a few actually received some of each in the same order.

Some of the early Soft Start Modules would only turn On to about 50%. I found bad triacs in a few of mine. Changing them corrected the issue.

X10 and X10Pro Lamp Modules and dimmer type Wall Switches now have Soft Start. The wall switches also have Preset Dim. I don't know if the dimmer type fixture modules do Soft Start now.
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/SoftStart
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Newer_Wall_Switches_and_Preset_Dim

I have seen two different Soft Start Lamp Modules.
The early ones {my Date Code: 08A01}did not flash correctly when being used with a Security Console. They would slowly ramp On and Off.
The later ones {my Date Code: 09J44} still ramp On and Off normally but when being flashed by a Security Console would temporarily instantly go On and Off.
On both Date Code LM465s I have. They do not dim all the way down with standard X10 commands. My estimate is about 25% to 30% of being all the way Off. They may with X10 Extended Commands but I have not tried it.

There is a different modification to remove the Local Control Sensing on the Soft Start LM465s. As they are a completely different design from the old before Soft Start models.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 10:00:19 AM by Brian H »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.