📸Cameras & Camera Software > AirSight Cameras

Cameras stopped operating suddenly after inadvertant Norton Firewall update

<< < (2/3) > >>

HA Dave:

--- Quote from: sheltiemom on July 16, 2016, 10:00:45 AM ---........ I believe this coincided with a Norton dialog box which appeared on my screen and I thought I checked no to it,
--- End quote ---

I would assume that your "thoughts" are correct. It could be that your updated Norton saw the cameras as an unregistered Web Site... and asked if you wanted an exception to that Site. Your Norton blocking/exceptions area could be the place to RE-allow you to see the cameras.

--- Quote from: sheltiemom on July 17, 2016, 10:48:15 AM ---I tried a system restore, but that didn't change anything. 
--- End quote ---

The restore was a good idea that should have worked.... I would think.

If it was a Norton update setting change that altered your being able to view the cameras.... you'd need to restore to a point before that Norton update downloaded.

sheltiemom:
The system restore did nothing.  It went back 2 days before the problem occurred.  I have been unable to get the other 7 cameras working yet, just the one I brought to within close proximity to the router.  The others do not appear on the IP Camera tool.

sheltiemom:
OK, so I rebooted my router and now all of my cameras show up in the IP camera tool.  The problem now is that I cannot access any of them from the internet, only from the computer connected to the router using the local address (192.168.0.1).  I have a no-ip.biz account which I use to access them via the internet and those pages will not open.

dhouston:
You probably now need to re-enter the data for your DDNS Service (no-ip.biz) in your router configuration. The details will vary with various routers but here's a how-to for a Netgear router and dyn.com (a free DDNS Service).
http://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-set-up-a-cheap-home-security-system-using-dynamic-dns/?_escaped_fragment_=#!

sheltiemom:
I have a D-Link Router.  The Dynamic DNS settings are still there from before this issue.  Just the same, I re-installed them and saved and rebooted the router.  No change.  I also tried adding Port Forwarding (whcih I had not done prior to this issue).  Still no change.  I would love to show add images showing the routers page here, but don't know if that is possible.  Maybe if I could show you the page images for the router, there could be some suggestions for proceeding.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version