Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17

Author Topic: Alex10 (x10 control with Amazon echo, dot or tap)  (Read 123421 times)

IPS

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
Re: Alex10 (x10 control with Amazon echo, dot or tap)
« Reply #105 on: February 04, 2017, 02:48:02 PM »

Also try re downloading the installer and re install, although rare it is possible the installer got corrupt.
installer size should be: 7,191 kb
Also try a Windows reboot.

I had to uninstall,Java and Alex 10. Reinstalled Java and new version of Alex 10. Made sure that Jave had access through firewall. Now all is ok. Latter will install on AHP pc.

IPS

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #106 on: February 04, 2017, 02:54:28 PM »

Hi alzy

It is some thing I am looking for. I want to turnoff AHP PC but can't cause X10 Commander, from iPhone, needs it running. Would appreciate if you could give more details of your setup.
Thanks.

alzy

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
« Reply #107 on: February 04, 2017, 05:16:01 PM »

Hi IPS,

Sorry but my implementation requires a PC to be on also!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #108 on: February 06, 2017, 12:42:18 PM »

This morning decided to put Alexa near camera with two way audio. Now I can hear Alexa 's response and see the results at the same time. So now I can talk to Alexa from anywhere.  :)%
This has had me thinking about adding some type of voice IP camera interface to Alex10.
This way you could not only view and control devices in the HA-Bridge but also tell Alexa to move the camera to X position, take a picture......
Now if I only had a X10 indoor Airsight to experiment with ??? ::) :' I'd love to add the option to Alex10. :)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #109 on: February 07, 2017, 11:23:00 AM »

With recent changes to the HA-Bridge code I was a bit concerned that future releases of the HA-Bridge could cause Alex10 to stop working. For this reason I recoded Alex10 so the HA-Bridge does all the actual configuration writes. ALex10 still tells it the info but doesn't actually write anything to the Bridge's device.db file.
Version 1.5.1.0 seen the first major change with a change to the main UI screen and some added Bridge features.
Since many are still hesitant with setup, no mater how easy it is portrayed. I set out to create a simple setup wizard. 
Today I released version 1.5.1.2 with this wizard code included.
There are some other enhancements of which you can read about on my forum.
It is strongly advised that if your still using version 1.5.0.9 or lower that you do this update.
The bridge no longer needs to be stopped to do any adds or removal of devices  :)%
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

juanka

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #110 on: February 10, 2017, 07:19:02 PM »

After installing and running StartBridge I get confirmation is running (used Setup Wizard)  Then I go to add some devices and I get "the bridge needs to be running to add devices now please start bridge"
Can you help? since first said it was running and then asks me to run it? I hit StarBridge again but it keeps asking to start it.

Thanks!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #111 on: February 10, 2017, 08:11:48 PM »

Ok just restart Alex10 and run the wizard again.
For what ever reason the settings are getting missed a restart of Alex10 should load the settings.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 08:14:03 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Geewiz

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Thank you for Alex10
« Reply #112 on: February 19, 2017, 10:02:15 AM »

A couple of weeks ago my CM15A died suddenly and I couldn't revive it.  Fortunately I had a spare that I inherited and got my +10 year old X10 system back up and running.  Coincidentally, at about the same time, I purchased an Alexa and one smart plug.  The one drawback to migrating to these smart devices is that I have about 25 X10 switches, modules etc., and the thought of abandoning my investment in X10 (which still works pretty darn well) and re-investing a significant amount in upgrades was not very appealing to me.

Then I came across your work on Alex10, and all I can say is WOW!  You made the installation process very easy, and the setup is not difficult at all for anyone who is familiar with AHP.   I'm having a blast experimenting and controlling lights with voice control, and even my wife thinks it "pretty cool!" 

You have breathed new life and renewed usefulness into X10, and I just wanted to say Thank You for the work on this and for making it available to all of us aging geeks!

#:)

>!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #113 on: February 19, 2017, 05:08:24 PM »

Thanks Geewiz,
The complement means a lot!  >! I put a lot of work into this trying to make it as easy as possible for the end user to setup.
The HA-Bridge is a bit tricky to get setup on its own, and the whole idea of this was to breath some new life into users x10 setups.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #114 on: February 19, 2017, 07:56:44 PM »

Thanks Geewiz,
The complement means a lot!  >! I put a lot of work into this trying to make it as easy as possible for the end user to setup.
The HA-Bridge is a bit tricky to get setup on its own, and the whole idea of this was to breath some new life into users x10 setups.

You deserve a much more credit than you get. You're doing good work.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #115 on: February 19, 2017, 08:33:41 PM »

Thanks Dave! >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #116 on: February 26, 2017, 12:54:51 PM »

Alex10 got a bit of a face lift making it easier to see what devices are actually on or at least the state that the bridge thinks their in.
I simplified the UI display but still allowed to bring up the old one which displayed much more info from the Bridge (you just had to scroll across to read it all)
Also Alex10 can now better dim/brighten devices. You just say Alexa (device name) (value)% you can use the word Dim.
Although the HA-Bridge states you can use the word brighten, I've yet to have any luck using it.
Alex10 also now writes the script directly to the bridge not a path to the batch file which it still writes but only as a back up.
Future updates may see this removed as Batch files are no longer required.
Not using a batch file has sped up execution time some (at least in my tests).
I find the UI display of Bridge info is slow to update status but that may just be my heavily used PC. ::) :'
Version 1.5.2.6 is now on the server!
It is recommended that users update from inside Alex10 as it will make a backup of the previous installer in case you need or want to roll back for some reason.
Updated OP with new screen shot of Alexa UI
 >!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 04:26:17 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #117 on: March 15, 2017, 09:26:58 AM »

The HA-Bridge was updated to (4.2.1) recently fixing many issues and adding several new options.
A new Alex10 build (1.5.3.0) was release which now includes this new bridge and code required for adding devices to it.
Alex10 1.5.3.0 will work with some older Bridge releases but older Alex10 versions will not work with the newer bridge (at lease not the adding of devices)
It is suggested that everyone upgrade to this new version of Alex10 and the bridge.
If you have a older version of Alex10 then1.5.2.9 you'll need to get the full installer as the update from Alex10 will not install the new bridge.

Note: You may need to redo the inbound firewall rules for Java with the new bridge install
See my forum for more info on what's new with Alex10.  ;)

Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #118 on: March 18, 2017, 01:44:05 PM »

A new version of HA-Bridge (4.3.0) has been released with some extra enhancements I'd asked for.
This should help users with Soft start devices & dimming once I get code added to Alex10 to take advantage of it. :)%
Alex10 should be able to better calculate correct dim/brighten sends as the Soft start will come back on to the last dim level prior to switching off,  the older x10 lamp modules don't.

Also in my correspondence with BWS systems, It was pointed out how the bridge and Alexa talk to each other.
With this info I started a thread on my forum to help with Improving Alex10/Alexa reliability other users can post tips to help expand on this. ;)
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #119 on: April 07, 2017, 02:40:08 PM »

The HA-Bridge got a major security enhancement added and a new build was released today.
Since I was helping Alfa/Beta test this I was able to add code to Alex10 to take advantage of these enhancements and have a new Alex10 build ready prior to the new Bridges release.
Alex10 version 1.5.3.4 is now available and includes the new bridge.
The new security mode requires user name and passwords to access the bridge when in secure mode.
Adding a username and password to the bridge will auto place it in secure mode this can be done from Alex10 or the bridge.
You need to use Alex10's advanced features to do this from Alex10 and if you haven't entered a name and password into Alex10 then even Alex10 can't access the bridge devices.

The new secure mode of the bridge means you can now feel comfortable allowing it to connect to the web knowing your settings are safe requiring user authorization.
This will require you to set port forwarding in your modem if you wish to access from the web.
Note: Your password should be strong (a mix of upper and lowercase letters and numbers is best) and not to short, Alex10 requires 8 digits minimum.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.