Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AHP 3.318/Smart Macr0s  (Read 2727 times)

LST-1162

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
AHP 3.318/Smart Macr0s
« on: January 10, 2017, 08:23:09 PM »

I am sad to say that I cannot get AHP Lifejacket to work.  :(  I entered the 8 digit ID from my PC (4600-3325), entered it, and received the error message "Cannot open X10net services on computer."  I lost the registration code for X10 years ago, and until recently, had no problems with 10.  I was hoping Lifejacket would allow me to change some macros already in place.  I thought that I had found a copy online that included the Smart Macro add-on.  There again, somehow I lost that too.  Unless there is something else I can try, I will have to live with what I have already.   >*<  I want to express my most sincere thanks to those who have responded and to those who will respond.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: AHP 3.318/Smart Macr0s
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 08:30:56 PM »

If you don't have both the old id from the old PC which AHP was registered and the x10prod.sys file from that PC then you just need to use the default ID that displays on opening Lifejacket.
Also you have to right click on AHP-Lifejacket and check run as admin even if you are logged into Windows as an administrator.
Failing to run as admin will always throw the message you are seeing.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Squirrel1162

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 11:43:22 PM »

I finally figured out why I couldn't get AHP Lifejacket to work!  I wasn't in admin mode.  Once I figured that out, it let me continue.  Now I have another  problem.  After restarting my PC as instructed, the Smart Macro was not activating SMART MACRO feature of AHP.  Do I need something else to go along with Lifejacket or something?  Thanks for being here and responding to my to all my inquiries.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 07:13:50 AM »

When you ran Life-jacket you should have had the Smartmacro check box selected.
By default it has smartmacro, myhouseonline, iwatchout, Onalert checked.
You don't however need to re run lifejacket just edit the ahp_plugin.xml file
Add this line: <plugin id="AHXAMO" href="ahp.dll" desc="Smartmacros plugin"/>
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

bkenobi

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 24
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 10:46:12 AM »

Is there any need to have the others checked at this point?  IIRC, myhouseonline, iwatchout, and onalert are all dependent upon the X10 servers which have been down for 2+ years.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2017, 11:16:23 AM »

The only plugin that was 100% reliant on the X10 servers was the Myhouse online. So that should/could be unchecked.
As for the other two they still work. The iwatchout plugin requires a video input device of some kind so that is becoming less useful.
The Onalert Plugin I use regularly as it allows integration of X10 security modules and a X10 security console. So if you don't have those it is of no use either.
When I created Lifejacket it wasn't know for sure if the required X10 servers were salvageable and those were the only plugins I had registered.
If someone else had supplied the info I needed for all plugins they would all be available for everyone.
However no one apparently had them all registered to them selves or they just didn't wish to share. :(
The other plugins that aren't available by default still do work, at least ones I had a chance to play with.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2017, 01:47:00 PM »

I have both On Alert and Smart Macros working on my AHP through Lifejacket.
I did not enable the other two when using Lifrjacket for the installation.

LST-1162

AHP 3.318/Smart Macros/Working
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2017, 02:08:17 PM »

I am happy to announce that I have gotten my smart macros working......... AGAIN!  I was able to find a copy from Armitek(?) I think, that works.  No matter, I want to thank everyone who tried to help me.  Hopefully, one day, I will be able  to help you in some way.  Thanks again.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2017, 02:15:33 PM »

Marmitek is the European version of AHP last build  V3.316 it doesn't include North American modules, so if your not in North America that that is the build you want anyways.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

LST-1162

Time Zones
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2017, 03:01:47 PM »

Just 1 more question.  It shows the times in the hardware configuration for the European countries (which I understand why) but yet shows the time zone I live in (Ohio - Eastern Standard Time - GMT -05:00).  Will my lights work at my times?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2017, 04:41:16 PM »

I never used that version very long but their were reports that dusk dawn timers were off which I can't confirm.
the 3.318 North American version dusk dawn times, however I do know works for me.
One other issue with using the European version is not all North American modules have a corresponding module for correct control or so it was reported.

Since you say you are in Ohio same time zone as me take the time to run AHP-Lifejacket on the North American 3.318 version.
You don't need to enter anything just use the defaults.
You do have to right click and select run as admin or it will fail (100% guaranteed)  It was designed that way, to prevent accidental volume changes which could unregister a working registered AHP.

If you wish I do offer to create needed files specific to your current volume ID.
See my forum for details.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.