Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Light Turns ON with PalmPad but NOT with Scheduled Event  (Read 13610 times)

bt54

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Light Turns ON with PalmPad but NOT with Scheduled Event
« on: May 04, 2016, 10:26:49 PM »

I can activate my Living Room Light (Appliance Module) with a PalmPad.  It is scheduled to turn on with AHP for 6:30PM, the Activity Monitor displays the ON command but the light does not turn on.  Any Ideas ???
If it doesn't work get a BIGGER hammer!!

IPS

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
Re: Light Turns ON with PalmPad but NOT with Scheduled Event
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 02:55:33 AM »

I have this problem sometime but that generally is with LED BULBS and instructions to repeat does not help.
I have noticed this problem with various modules, all using LED bulbs, at various times but not consistently.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 11:50:23 AM »

Do you have a TM751, PAT03, PAT01,PAT02 RR501 or some other transceiver in your setup other then the CM15?
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

bt54

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2016, 07:48:13 PM »

I finally found the X10 signal eating Culprit!!!  We had a UV light installed in our Heating\AC system.  I installed a filter on it's the power plug and my X10 signals are now being received.   I looked EVERYWHERE, added filters and nothing fixed the problem.  It wasn't until I rethought any new installations in my home for the umpteenth time that I thought of the UV light.  Just goes to show that it can be ANTHING that will cause weird problems!
If it doesn't work get a BIGGER hammer!!

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2016, 07:59:35 PM »

#:)
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

dhouston

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 37
    • davehouston.org
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2016, 09:01:39 PM »

Just goes to show that it can be ANTHING that will cause weird problems!
I just did a little spring-cleaning/rearranging of (electrical) gizmos in order to make things a bit more accessible. Afterwards, I noticed that my Elk ESM1 X10 meter was showing short bursts of something in its bandwidth every few seconds. As it was very low level, it was not affecting any of my X10 controlled lights but I still wanted to track it down. It turned out it was a battery charger for my Sony camera that I had moved to the same power-strip as the ESM1. Just moving it to another outlet in the same room was sufficient but it was a reminder that X10 noise can come from nearly any electrical/electronic gizmo made in the past few years.
This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
No twees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.
https://www.laser.com/dhouston

IPS

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2016, 04:06:31 AM »

All of a sudden my AHP system started turning on and off all by itself. Phase coupler lights were going crazy and so was the AHP activity log. Problem was traced to power supply of a backup hard drive. So yes the noise can come from any source. Glad have PCs behind filters.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.