🖥️ActiveHome Pro > Smart Macros

Timer Issue (revisited)

<< < (2/4) > >>

Tuicemen:
I hope that is what the issue was, please keep us updated as to if it starts to degrade again.
 >!

Knightrider:
This is why we need a new interface. I may still have some remote functionality in my home, but my automation is dead.

JeffVolp:

--- Quote from: Knightrider on February 18, 2017, 07:53:56 PM ---This is why we need a new interface. I may still have some remote functionality in my home, but my automation is dead.

--- End quote ---

This is why I still have XP on a couple of systems.  Most of my applications run OK in Win7, but some need the compatibility mode.  And a couple will only run in the Win7 XP emulator.  No way I'm going to 10.

Jeff

HA Dave:

--- Quote from: Knightrider on February 18, 2017, 07:53:56 PM ---This is why we need a new interface. I may still have some remote functionality in my home, but my automation is dead.
--- End quote ---

+1
There is a tremendous amount of knowledge, ingenuity, and innovation found here at these forums. But we can't make great automation from bailing wire and duct tape either.

All we need is a simple wifi hub. Or even acceptance by another brand hub. And an up-to-date AHP app. But why do I even mention... the minimum of what it is we need. What ever happened to new, great, or even grand ideas?

--- Quote from: JeffVolp on February 18, 2017, 09:48:50 PM ---
This is why I still have XP on a couple of systems. 
Jeff
--- End quote ---

I gladly and energetically advocated the use of the dust collecting door-stops... meaning XP systems... a decade ago for use with BVC. And like yourself I am still using XP systems to run my automation. I also have "back-up" PC's. But I really want something a little more forward looking. Maybe... small profile PC, a tablet, or last years old smartphone might be helpful. But a smart interface/hub would really be the hardware solution. IMHO.

dave w:

--- Quote from: merkelck on February 18, 2017, 10:52:29 AM ---What made you move to Homeseer?  as opposed to others such as HCA .

--- End quote ---
I went to Homeseer shortly after HS2 came out. AHP was having all sorts of problems, and X10 Wireless was having manufacturer problems as well as their own money problems and was slow to respond in fixing AHP problems. Homeseer 2.0 , although expensive, had voice control and text to speech capabilities, along with email, and media control. So I went with it figuring AHP would never get fixed.

I just upgraded to HS3. Which I said I would not do as Homeseer was know as nickel and dime one to death and originally the HS3 was a couple hundred bucks. Seems they have realized they were killing the golden goose. Now, telephone support, DNS service, HS Touch, Web Service Account (Alexa connection) etc.  is without cost. Who knows how long that will last.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version