Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Sudden problem  (Read 1444 times)

Gismo

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Sudden problem
« on: April 26, 2017, 05:34:54 PM »

Sudden problem
OK, this just happened this week I have some 7 W lightbulbs in candleholders in my window and 4 my windows everything is OK.  Just recently my one bedroom window using the am466   Module  stopped working.  After a lot of troubleshooting I found out the only thing that was on that circuit because I turned everything else off was an LG TV in standby mode. When I unplug the TV the lights work as they did for the last three  years. And I've had this TV on this circuit for three years with no problem.  But now it's deciding not to work. I'm really stumped with this one I'm using active HomePro CM 15 with the latest software. When I go on my computer and toggle the lights off and on they work when the TV is plugged in but when is set for the timer and my TV is plugged in nothing. Just normal problems with X 10 I give up.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Sudden problem
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 06:07:39 PM »

The LG's electronics maybe getting nosier as it aged or it always made some noise and something in the house maybe making more noise. Even something on a different circuit.

An X10 type filter on the LG maybe all that is needed. Check its power needs an X10Pro XPPF maybe fine if the LG doesn't take more than three amps four at the tops. Pushing a XPPF to the maximum current sometimes makes it get real warm.

The Smarthome 1626-10 is a ten amp one.
http://www.smarthome.com/filterlinc-10-amp-plug-in-noise-filter.html

Jeff's XTB-F10 would work fine.
http://jvde.us/xtb-f10.htm

Do you have any phase coupling between the two incoming power lines?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 06:11:19 PM by Brian H »

Gismo

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: Sudden problem
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2017, 11:19:01 AM »

No phase coupling at all.
I had outer noise issues such as rechargeable emergency flashlights that sent my system bonkers but I moved them awhile ago. I'll deal with this for now. I really don't wanna spend any more money on x10 stuff. I've been using it since they were Radio Shack modules and that's over 30 years. I got my money's worth.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.