🔌General Home Automation > Wijit

New Wijit wi-fi modules.

<< < (2/6) > >>

Tuicemen:

--- Quote from: solareclipse on June 21, 2017, 09:20:02 AM ---So they've swapped out powerline commands for a wifi "transceiver" and RF command transmission.  Interesting way to go.  What RF frequency band? 
--- End quote ---
I'll see if I can get that info

--- Quote ---I could see this working better in my house than my current X10 stuff, but it largely depends on the signal strength of the RF signal.  I also don't really see myself putting any money into this without a Google Home or IFTTT interface.

--- End quote ---
The stats say 100 ft range from module to hub 100 ft range from hub to router so placement of the hub would need to be experimented with.
Depending on how long the factory stalls the Authinx X10 hub, we may see Google Home, Alexa, and IFTTT added.
Authinx is looking at that for the X10 Hub so I suspect the factory will implement it in the wijit prior
Google Home and Alexa may well be able to be implemented using HA-Bridge now with the wijits.
I suspect something like Wireshark would be able to sniff out the signals sent the Wi-Fi hub exposing the commands needed for HA-Bridge.

Tuicemen:

--- Quote from: solareclipse on June 21, 2017, 09:20:02 AM ---What RF frequency band? 

--- End quote ---
2.4 433.92MHz
There is also a dedicated web site for the wijit now.
http://wijitautomation.com/

dhouston:
Those look good but I still think adding the ESP8266 (or whatever WiFi chip used in Wijit) to existing PLC modules, combining WiFi & PLC, makes more sense.

Tuicemen:
dhouston, I agree,never was a fan of the RF

My Wijits arrived! :)% Nice little units (smaller then x10 appliance modules and hub is exactly the same size as the wijit modules.
Setup was simple but requires a smartphone .
The app is very simple on/off  & all on/off but need lots of work as it doesn't display if the module is on or off even with clicking one or the other.
The modules make a clicking sound when turning on/off but less noticeable then the old x10 modules, about the same as the newer improved devices from Authinx.
The one concern I have is the hub gets very warm in the short time I had it plugged in, Not sure if it was all the playing I was doing or what but I've unplugged it for the night and will test again in the morning.

These are very low end simple devices,  and the inability to set timers or macros makes them not useful for me.
The fact that the app doesn't display a status change makes one wonder if the hub even got the request let alone sent it. An App update may make these worth while if timers and scenes are added and a confirmation of some sort that the command to the hub was received & sent.

dave w:

--- Quote from: Tuicemen on June 21, 2017, 09:41:00 PM ---The one concern I have is the hub gets very warm in the short time I had it plugged in,

--- End quote ---
Yeah, that would worry me. Especially since they are proto type or early production units. You are the guinea pig, or canary in the coal mine.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version