🖥️ActiveHome Pro > Software Problems & Bugs

AHP and Win 7 Hibernate Issue

<< < (3/3)

Tuicemen:
I wonder if manually placing the PC in Hibernation mode overrides the power management settings.
Did you let it go to sleep on it's own or manually place it in hibernation?

LAF:
Manually put in hibernation, not sleep.  Tried sleep mode and same result - USB port is disconnected; reconnect by relaunching AHP.

Then switched power plan from Balanced to High Performance.  Now both sleep and hibernate seem to work properly.  >!  Will let it hibernate o'night and see what happens.

Update:

Crud, left it in hibernate for about 1/2 hour and it reverted to USB disconnected.  Seems to be time dependent for some reason

Brian H:
I would have thought the Power Management in the Control Panel would do the trick but one other thing I did see.

You may want to try in the Device Manager.
The USB HUBs properties.
There is a place for Allow computer to turn off devices to save power.
Mine was checked in both XP SP3 and Windows 7.
There where multiple HUBs in my computer. Each had a check box. Maybe you could determine which one is connected to the CM15A and only try turning it off on that hub.

LAF:
Hey Brian, good thought but I tried it and the power box was already unchecked for the CM15.  Also tried switching the CM15 USB plug from the front ports to the back of the cabinet but no joy there either.  Unplugging and replugging the USB plug also doesn't help.  Unplugging all USB devices except the mouse and CM15 didn't help either.

This is happening whether the PC is put to sleep or hibernate (seemingly random failure to connect).  The only other thing I've noticed is that when ACH is closed and relaunched after the USB comes up disconnected is that the typical USB connect/disconnect sound (the "ta-daa" or "ta-duh") is sometime heard and sometimes not.  Odd thing is, what is heard, just after the loading plugins window disappears, is the "ta-duh" (USB disconnect) rather than the expected "ta-daa" (USB connect).  Who knows what if anything that all means - I guess I'll just let it go as, when I'm pretty much finished with my current ACH config, I'll just leave ACH normally closed and launch it only as needed.  It's more curiosity at this point that makes me want to figure out what is going on.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version