🖥️ActiveHome Pro > Software Problems & Bugs

"Looping" Macros revisited

<< < (3/3)

dave w:

--- Quote from: LAF on September 01, 2017, 04:55:34 PM ---In any case, what if you want the loop to go continuously (there are programming instances where you might want to do that)?  In real life, I would expect the looping to maybe take place much more slowly, so the power-line isn't burdened unduly, but I would want it to run non-stop. 

--- End quote ---
The problem I see, is putting unneeded PLC signals on the powerline, which means, on a very regular basis the macro will be sending out PLC, busying out the power line rendering your CM15A receiver deaf to any other X10 commands for a second or so (length of a command).  I could foresee many times when you wanted to turn on a lamp with a remote,  or a motion sensor sending an ON signal, and nothing happens due to signal collisions. Don't know what your goal is, but if you are trying to turn something on and off at short intervals 24/7, then  X10 is a good way to start and stop the flashing cycle, but not a good way to make the cycle (if that makes sense...been a long day for the ole geezer).

This is interesting. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version