Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Timer with both dusk offset and security option selected  (Read 1422 times)

rae8836

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Timer with both dusk offset and security option selected
« on: September 02, 2017, 05:48:36 PM »

CM15A and AHP 3.318, everything downloaded to the controller:

I have three timers which are set to Dusk - 10 minutes, - 20 minutes, and - 30 minutes.  I also have the security option checked on all three timers.  My understanding is that the security option increments or decrements the timer trigger time by a random amount in the range of plus or minus 30 minutes.   I've checked the hardware configuration table to determine the setting for dusk on a given day and I've looked at the timer settings in Advanced Mode for that same day.

The time settings shown in Advanced mode don't seem to be what they should be given the timer definition(s). 

On top of that, all three timers do trigger, but the trigger time shown in the Activity Log varies widely from that shown in Advanced Mode for that particular day.  The variation is sometimes over an hour. 

I do have other timers which use only absolute time and have the Security option checked.  Those timers seem to run as expected.

When a Dusk offset and Security mode are used in a timer, should the trigger time shown in Advanced mode reflect Dusk and the offset or does the trigger time shown reflect Dusk and the offset and the effect of Security mode?

Assuming a relatively un-busy CM15A, should I expect the Activity Log to show a trigger time reasonably close to the time shown in Advanced mode for a specific timer?

Are there known issues with the use of Dusk offset and Security mode together?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Timer with both dusk offset and security option selected
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 12:01:32 PM »

I've notice issues with the Advanced Timer option for a while now.
For me this started with my move to Windows 8.
Changes made in the advanced timer option changed the start dates to 01-01 and the stop date to 01-01
meaning they would only run on new years day.
Even if I edited them to the correct start stop dates and save, returning I would notice the dates were still 01-01

Today I looked into this a bit more.
http://tuicemen.com/forum/index.php?topic=940.msg7293#msg7293
Since I don't use the security option there may be something simular happening there. You may need to play with editing the ahx file for that as well. :(
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.