Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: x10 remote system stopped working  (Read 2125 times)

hotrodct75

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
x10 remote system stopped working
« on: August 19, 2022, 03:38:39 PM »

A couple of weeks ago all my X10 devices stopped working, i have a receiver (set to zone A) that plugs into a power outlet and a different receiver downstairs (set to zone B) and remotes that transmit to the receiver that activates the sensor in the light switch that turn on/off or dim the lights.. I changed the receiver, no difference, I changed the remote, no difference. I changed the batteries, no difference. I unplugged the repeater the dryer plugs into, still not working. I dont have a hub or connect to the cloud. I am using X10 HR12A Palmpad remote control with RF Plugin Transceiver Model TM751. The light switches are predominantly Insteon Switchlinc V2 Dimmer Model 2476D or Insteon Model 2477D. I also have lamp modules Model LM 465 and a SignaLink repeater Model 4826A that plugs into the dryer outlet. Both zones stopped working at the same time and I'm pretty sure I havent plugged any new electrical items into the wall outlets. I have just added a PLC01 Powerline Repeater X10 hoping to boost the signal but that made no difference, still nothing working. The PLC01 does have an led on the front that is supposed to blink twice when it receives a command from the transmitter but it doesnt blink at all. The only thing working is when you press the on/off buttons for 1st device on the remote you can hear the click of the transmitter turning on and off but no commands are getting through.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: x10 remote system stopped working
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2022, 06:12:54 AM »

On the 4826A. Do the Transmit and Received LED for each phase show any actions when you try and transmit from a remote?
Like when one phase received a command it was repeated on the other phase and back on the phase it was received on?
I had a 4826A fail. The LED indications where fine but phase B stopped sending signals even though the LED said it transmitted.

On the 4826A do the Receive LED for either phase flicker or pulse when no X10 communications should be happening?

If you try and temporarily move one of the TM751 modules does anything change?

Moving the PLC01 around may also show something, As you are correct the LED on it should flash twice. One for command received and again for command resent.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2022, 09:17:44 AM by Brian H »

hotrodct75

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2022, 10:47:58 AM »

I have a little more information now I dont know if it helps. When I 1st looked at the 4826A it had 2 red lights on, 1 solid and one flickering and every now and then a green light came on and this was continuous so if you sent a signal you couldnt tell if anything was happening.
I then unplugged the TM751 from zone 1 and replaced the older RR501 receiver from zone 2 with another TM751 and checked again the 4826A. This time there was only one solid red light and if I sent a command a second red light would flash and a green light would come on momentarily.
I then plugged the PLC01 in the zone 2 area and when I sent a signal it flashed twice. However nothing was still going on or off.
I moved the TM 751 from zone 1 to a different outlet and found one that gave me just 1 solid red light and again when I sent a command the 4826A flashed a second red light with a green light coming on momentarily.
I moved the PLC01 to zone 1 and found an outlet that gave me 2 blinking lights when I sent a signal. Still nothing is working. I unplugged all the lamp modules leaving just the wall mounted switches connected and again nothing is working.
I tried unplugging the 4826A as you said u had one that was faulty, and when I sent a command the PLC01 still blinked twice but still nothing works. This is so frustrating, but thanks for your input, any other ideas?

I'm happy to say that everything is working again. I unplugged a WiFi extender for the house Wifi and everything started working again. I guess it must have died over the years. Thank you to everyone who took the time to look at my question
« Last Edit: August 20, 2022, 01:23:22 PM by hotrodct75 »

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2022, 05:44:13 PM »

Good to see you are again back in business.
The Wi-Fi extender may have developed a noisy or signal sucking power line connection.
If the Red LED's where always on. That would also point to a steady noise on the power lines and effecting the X10 communications.
Disconnecting it would also show it was the problem.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2022, 05:47:21 PM by Brian H »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.