🔌General Home Automation > Automating Your House

Looking for new HA software (maybe)

<< < (2/2)

HA Dave:

--- Quote from: bkenobi on October 20, 2017, 11:11:47 AM ---I have a stable setup now.
--- End quote ---

Amazing how much (or little) difference a few months can make.

I've been drawn (like a moth to a flame) to this Linux-Pi stuff. Although my efforts have been mostly wasted for some time..... stubborn persistence has finally started to make this endeavor look more hopeful. Following Tuicemen's instructions (here at this forum)….. I was able to install and run Home Genie on my RBPi 3 (last years model of Pi). I loaded some lights (in setup) attached a CM15A (via a USB cable to the Pi) and was able to turn the modules on and off by clicking the icons with a mouse.

OK... I accomplished as much with my old CM11A on the 1st night years and years ago.... and much, much, more with a CM15A. But to be honest... I was shocked and surprised I got the darn thing to work at all. And meanwhile.... my Homeseer Hometroller is connecting to Amazons Alexa... and my other automation hubs. So there is a bit of catching up to do here.

But we got this far! And I do believe we'll get all the way to where this Home Genie/X10/RBPi stuff can be a rock solid, complete in it's abilities, and as easy to setup and operate as any of the other HA flavors.

Thank you bkenobi for dragging me and others along in this search for great, affordable HA.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version