📱X10 WIFI > 🧾Wish list

Release the WM100 protocol

<< < (2/8) > >>

Tuicemen:
There will be no SDK I was told this from day one. :(
Since this is a internet of things device, once you know the protocol for the get, push, pulls (the protocol) you can use it with any platform.

HA Dave:

--- Quote from: Tuicemen on January 18, 2018, 11:15:05 AM ---There will be no SDK I was told this from day one. :(

--- End quote ---

An open SDK would be awesome. Has anyone  :' popped one of these baby's open yet? Or... any of the hubs out there for that matter?

racerfern:

--- Quote ---I'm confused. I thought the China manufacturer worked for Authinx (?).
--- End quote ---

A month or two ago there was another post that seemed to imply the manufacturer was in charge, not Authinx. I'm not going to bother trying to find it, but I remember being taken aback by the comment. I won't mention who the poster was; that I do remember.

Tuicemen:

--- Quote from: racerfern on January 18, 2018, 01:57:47 PM ---
--- Quote ---I'm confused. I thought the China manufacturer worked for Authinx (?).
--- End quote ---

A month or two ago there was another post that seemed to imply the manufacturer was in charge, not Authinx. I'm not going to bother trying to find it, but I remember being taken aback by the comment. I won't mention who the poster was; that I do remember.

--- End quote ---
It may have been me or dhouston! I remember the post as well, just not the full details.

Authinx has the manufacture supplying them units but that doesn't mean they have to supply all info without charge.
I believe that may be the sticking point or the protocol was in such a mess they didn't wish to reveal that.
Authinx was so far in it was to expensive to go elsewhere by that time.
The Manufacture has never said no to supplying the protocol they just have ignored requests for it.

As for a SDK I'm told it is just to expensive to have the current developer create.
And the protocol would be required for that as well.

dave w:

--- Quote from: Tuicemen on January 18, 2018, 02:32:23 PM ---
--- End quote ---
Authinx has the manufacture supplying them units but that doesn't mean they have to supply all info without charge.

--- End quote ---
OK I got it now. And that does make sense for a contract manufacturer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version