🖥️ActiveHome Pro > Help & Troubleshooting

New PC and can't remember how to re install AHP

<< < (5/5)

HA Dave:

--- Quote from: mike on April 23, 2018, 08:11:55 PM ---........................Windows 10 updates all the time.  Some recent one MOVED and copied some of my often used files from normal program files directory to a temp directory AND IS RUNNING FROM THERE!

I had this happen a year ago when they decided my desktop was no longer good enough!  No, they had to MOVE it to their cloud based ONEDRIVE!!  But that would be too simple, so they only moved SOME OF IT!!  ............
--- End quote ---

I am also a big fan of windows 10... and the cloud-based ONEDRIVE! It's amazing what American ingenuity can create when they don't worry about customer expectations.... and concentrate only on the product profits. 

mike:
ya on win 10 Dave.

I am about to uninstall ahp and reinstall.  I have deleted all the virtualstore stuff, corrected permissions on program files folder and subfolders so again I can write into the active homoe directory without complaint needing admin permissions, I even reran LifeJacket to re-register the plugins. 

Nothing helped. 

I give up for today.  I will tomorrow uninstall AHP and re-install it and LifeJacket it again to see. 

I thought computers were here to save us time;  instead they seem to ADD 3 orders of magnitude to the time required to do simple stuff!

sheesh!

HA Dave:

--- Quote from: mike on April 23, 2018, 09:50:59 PM ---ya on win 10 Dave......
--- End quote ---

Yeah... I have two win 10 laptops. But... I also have a Vista, and 3 old XP laptops. I have the AHP software on the old XP's

mike:

--- Quote from: HA Dave on April 23, 2018, 10:10:25 PM ---
--- Quote from: mike on April 23, 2018, 09:50:59 PM ---ya on win 10 Dave......
--- End quote ---

Yeah... I have two win 10 laptops. But... I also have a Vista, and 3 old XP laptops. I have the AHP software on the old XP's

--- End quote ---

I am running ahp on two computers, both win 10 64 bit machines....

SO:  i gave up, used revo uninstaller to uninstall and get rid of left overs in register...  reinstalled, applied AHP Lifejacket - BIG THANK YOU AGAIN TUICEMAN!!!!! - and all is back running.  On ahp program start it again says registered to my plugins (I had lost that and did not remember) and smart macros show up just fine again!

I HAVE NO CLUE WHY THIS ALL CRASHED AND BURNED.  But thank God for the easing of the reinstall pain from Tuiceman!  Before his Lifejacket, it would take we 45 minutes to copy and paste each rgistration into each plugin after each reinstall on new computers over the years!

Thanks all for helping me return to X10 worksville!

Tuicemen:
Glade to see your back up and running  :)%
 >!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version