Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

Would you want to see the Wifi be Homekit Compatible?

Yes.
- 0 (0%)
No.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care if it becomes Homekit Compatible do to that I'm not a iOS User.
- 3 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: Homekit Compatibly  (Read 1927 times)

Wii505

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Homekit Compatibly
« on: June 17, 2018, 02:46:06 PM »

Personal I'm not a iOS User myself and I never have and never will be. However, a lot of others are and I know that a lot of them like to use Homekit. So I think Homekit Compatibly with the Wifi Hub should be a thing (for obvious reasons) and I think the iOS Users would be ok with the app being the one to handle the compatibly with Homekit. But one thing that can be said is we don't even know if the demand is there until we get the results from the pull saying if the demand is there or not.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Homekit Compatibly
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2018, 04:23:21 PM »

I also am not an IOS user nor will I likely ever use Homekit.
However if an API is available for HomeKit  the WM100 app could easily a be adapted to use it if the Developer chose to.
I personally would prefer a more general option to send WI-fi signals to other hubs from a scene. This way the end user could access any HA hub if there was an API for it.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Homekit Compatibly
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2018, 04:38:47 PM »

Personal I'm not a iOS User...…., a lot of others are and I know that a lot of them like to use Homekit. So I think Homekit Compatibly with the Wifi Hub should be a thing

I wonder... if X10 (or anyone) CAN just use/include another's protocol? Except HUE I am pretty sure HUE is open source.

…...But one thing that can be said is we don't even know if the demand is there until we get the results from the pull saying if the demand is there or not.

I have a real passion for Home Automation. It's hard for me to imagine that so many other people..... have absolutely NO interest in Automated Homes. Yet MILLIONS of people have bought into the AI digital [home] assistant.... either Amazon's Alexa or Google's device. Rational, logical, thought would reason that AI automation users would want to include lighting and such. Or at least old school (like X10) automation users would drool at the idea of finally being able to integrate the ultimate smart of AI into their smart homes. None of this seems to be true.

IMHO (only) Home Automation is a niche market.... as far as integrating home control is concerned. 
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 04:42:42 PM by HA Dave »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.