📱X10 WIFI > 🗯General Discussion

Work from Phones/Tablets outside your home?

(1/7) > >>

Walt2:
Does the CM100 work with phones/tablets that are outside your home, or is it limited to only supporting phones/tablets directly connected to the same local WiFi network?

I am thinking along the lines of does it set up something like Port Forwarding, or uPnP, thru my home's router?

Tuicemen:
This does work outside your home network no port forwarding is required.
At least in my tests from both in the city and my off grid place.

Walt2:
That is good news.     :) 

I have some software/hardware which has a limit of working only on the local WiFi network.    While that is fine for my home-bound tablets, my smartphone is usually running on LTE data, and not WiFi, even when at home which means it connects from outside my local network.

Tuicemen:
The owner wasn't interested in creating another fancy remote which this would have been with only local control.
The Authinx owner deserves lots of praise for staying on the manufacture to get a stable solid device.

Noam:
On my Android phone at least, the app turns WiFi back on and tries to reconnect to my home network) when I open it up. I was trying to test the operation over 4G - and it basically wasn't letting me. I had to leave the house, and move far enough out of my WiFi range (so the phone couldn't reconnect to my home WiFi) to test it that way.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version