Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: X10 WiFi Hub won't connect to RucKus AP  (Read 9621 times)

tscholl

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
X10 WiFi Hub won't connect to RucKus AP
« on: September 17, 2020, 02:08:11 PM »

Just tried to connect to my RucKus AP.  The RucKus AP only displays one SSID but does support both 2.4g and 5g from a single log in.  Trying to run setup from my iPhone but from what I've read it's probably due to it being connected to the 5g radio.  Consequently the setup fails.  If I choose the 2.4g on my spectrum AP it works fine.

Any thoughts on how to make it connect to a RucKus AP? 

I have discovered that since both AP's are on the same network, I can access the X10 Hub regardless of which AP I am connected to.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 03:03:13 PM by tscholl »

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 27
Re: X10 WiFi Hub won't connect to RucKus AP
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2020, 04:28:24 PM »

Most of those issues are resolved by either turning off the 5ghz broadcast or turning the broadcast strength down. Consult the Rukus manual or search the web on how to do this.

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2020, 01:33:19 AM »

Use different SSID's for the two bands.  The instructions here: bit.ly/2EcBiuz will show you where you can configure your SSID's for 2.4 and 5g individually.  Having different SSID's makes it easier to set up wireless "IOT" devices that only have 2.4g radios.  So, for example, if the SSID for 2.4 is 'papaya' then you could set the SSID for 5g to 'papaya-A' or whatever you like.  Then on your phone you can set the credentials for both with AutoConnect and the phone will pick the best one automagically.

tscholl

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2020, 09:51:18 AM »

Thanks for the suggestions.  Never gave turning off the 5ghz broadcast signal, or renaming the 5gh AP a thought.  Thank you!! 

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.