Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: PalmPad remotes need 'reboot' often  (Read 1283 times)

SkipWX10

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
PalmPad remotes need 'reboot' often
« on: February 11, 2018, 03:24:08 PM »

This is in general because I did not find a section dedicated to remotes/controllers, etc.

I have several PalmPad remotes, love them and they are my go to item for lighting control other than what's in the CM15. I generally use the CM15 as the receiver but also have TM751 in another room and an RR501 in yet another location. The PalmPads are in the room with the CM15.

Ok, with that background out of the way...my PalmPads often lose control (i.e.: don't work) and I have found I can 'reboot' them by pulling batteries (or a single battery) for a few seconds and reinserting. I then generally get operation back.

Actually, this is one of the reasons I got the WM100, so I could use my phone. Which I figured would be more reliable, and it has been.

So, any suggestions as to the issue? Thanks, Skip

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
Re: PalmPad remotes need 'reboot' often
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 03:28:39 PM »

The only time I've ever had that problem I found some corrosion on the battery contacts.  A little work with an emory board cleaned it up and never a problem since. 

SkipWX10

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2018, 05:08:34 PM »

The only time I've ever had that problem I found some corrosion on the battery contacts.  A little work with an emory board cleaned it up and never a problem since.

Thanks for the suggestion. I've cleaned contacts and replaced batteries with new several times and still get the behavior....I know it's not the case, but they are acting like 'linked' devices that lost connection and need to reinitialize. Somewhat stumped...

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2018, 06:43:22 PM »

Just taking a stab in the dark here but if it's just one PalmPad, I wonder if when a button is pressed it gets stuck (not physically) transmitting continuously so it would appear not to work until the batteries are pulled and the "stuck" condition is cleared.  I had a mini controller do that from time to time for no apparent reason.  All of a sudden nothing would work and I'd see a continuous stream of 'F1' commands till I unplugged it.  After it happened a couple of times I tossed it.  But if it's happening with all your PP's then it's got to be something else.

dhouston

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 37
    • davehouston.org
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2018, 03:45:07 AM »

What does the CM15A log show?
This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
No twees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.
https://www.laser.com/dhouston

SkipWX10

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2018, 04:16:28 AM »

I need to hook up the laptop to see what the log shows the next time it happens...I guess it will show if the PP is sending signals and the CM15 is getting them and if the is a 'stuck' button sending an endless command. I have suffered from the 'endless dim' syndrome, but never thought it might be a stuck dim button....

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2018, 04:52:50 AM »

Probably not your issue but you may find it interesting. As your reset of the PP seems to fix it.
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Known_Issues_with_ActiveHome_Pro

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.