📱X10 WIFI > 🐞X10 WIFI App problems or bugs

Is anyone running the app on an iPad?

(1/5) > >>

docbell:
I have been totally frustrated trying to get the app (version 1.1) to run on my iPad (iOS 13.2). Both buttons on the Welcome screen (new hub and existing hub) ask me to scan the QR code, which then gives the message "Can't access your photos. Please open the permissions using photos in the Settings -> General -> Privacy -> X10 WiFi". This preference does not exist. If I go to either [Settings -> Privacy -> Photos] or [Settings -> Privacy -> Camera], the X10 WiFi app does not appear in the list of apps requesting access. I have deleted and re-installed the app, re-booted the iPad, and cursed a lot. (In every possible sequence.) Does anyone have a suggestion?

ceedee:
I installed on my android phone with no issues.  However, I can’t get the iOS app on my iPad to sync. It times out, and I get an error.  This is a showstopper.

Update: new module, same results. Works on iPhone running 10.3.

Frustrating.

Tucson:
Yup, iPad Air 2 will not sync iOS 11.4.1.

ceedee:
Due to this bug, I am unable to add my wife’s iPad to the unit.  So, she is unable to control devices, which is a real problem for me.

I hope the iOS sync issue is resolved soon.

Tuicemen:
 So the iPhone won't sync, or the phone will not scan the QR code?
Saying the phone won't sync indicates it has connected just can't update the devices and timers.
If it asks to scan the QR code and fails then it is a issue with the camera and most likely a setting in permissions.
I don't have an iPhone but would think the permission settings for the Wi-Fi app to access the camera would be in the Wi-Fi permissions not the camera.

The developer can't seem to recreate the sync issue with these phones so that suggests they have the wi-fi app and phone connecting. ::) :'
I'll attempt to get a setup step by step for the new IOS.
I had pushed and continue to push for an alternate initial conection setup(without using the QR code)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version