Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Timer with "once" setting  (Read 1699 times)

ceedee

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
Timer with "once" setting
« on: August 27, 2018, 07:05:39 PM »

I had a need to set a timer with the "once" setting. I had assumed that the timer settings would disappear after they ran.  Nope.  They’re still in the list.  However, I don’t see any way to tell if the timer is "armed" to run, or has already run.

For instance, I set an on/off sequence for Monday.  On Wednesday, I see the timers, but can't tell if the sequence ran two days ago, or is armed for next Monday.

Am I missing something?

arizona480

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Re: Timer with "once" setting
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 09:50:58 PM »

I have some devices that were "Repeat Weekly" that switched over on their own to "Once".  I noticed this the last few days when devices were not turning on.

Anyone else with this issue?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Timer with "once" setting
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2018, 08:32:45 AM »

I had a need to set a timer with the "once" setting. I had assumed that the timer settings would disappear after they ran.  Nope.  They’re still in the list.  However, I don’t see any way to tell if the timer is "armed" to run, or has already run.

For instance, I set an on/off sequence for Monday.  On Wednesday, I see the timers, but can't tell if the sequence ran two days ago, or is armed for next Monday.

Am I missing something?
I actually like that the once timer doesn't disappear. As I had occasion to use it again and didn't need to recreate it.
It would be nice if the app had a last  run info in the timers setup screen
I have some devices that were "Repeat Weekly" that switched over on their own to "Once".  I noticed this the last few days when devices were not turning on.

Anyone else with this issue?
I have a few day specific timers set  which run weekly these have not switched over to "run once" (yet).
I guess I'll have to watch for that when I'm home.
I have no timers at my off grid place, the WM100 at my off grid lace is basically a fancy remote used only when not there.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.