Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: Any software of firmware updates scheduled?  (Read 24529 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Any software of firmware updates scheduled?
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2018, 01:34:11 PM »

The firmware update issue I'm not sure about as I've yet to update my Android (still using the test version)
Both OS app versions should throw the notification of a firmware update on starting.
The issue of the history timing out wasn't addressed with this release only dusk/dawn and DST issues.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

ceedee

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2018, 01:38:49 PM »

Ok, got it. Thanks!

VinRin57

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2018, 09:51:44 PM »

And so, iOS update, Android update, firmware update.. waited this long.. cannot move devices up and down.... will keep looking but what is in the release that is meaningful?  Keep selling units, knowing there are issues? All sounds financial to me..  my .02.. how many years?

Tucson

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2018, 12:55:12 AM »

Very disappointing 👎👎👎

iPad 2 air will not sync.
   iPhone 8, hard reset and 5 tries and I got one data sync but no history sync. The next time
   I tried a data sync it failed

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2018, 07:02:57 AM »

To be fair this update was only to fix bugs in the timer section DST, Dusk/Dawn etc. some of which many users never noticed.
Time will tell if even those simple bugs were fixed ::) :'
The issue with IOS from my understanding never got fixed as a junior developer pushed out the release before Authinx or anyone actually had a chance to test it. B:(
I don't expect very many to be happy with this release (Authinx or users) other then for it just finally coming.
  Keep selling units, knowing there are issues? All sounds financial to me..  my .02.. how many years?
All financial for the developers this simple timer issues should have only taken a couple of months instead it stretched into months. B:(
The only add that was suppose to be done was an increase in the offset time for Dusk/Dawn (I figured and asked since they were working on timers could we get that added) and the developer didn't even get that right  >*<
The developer assured Authinx that would be no problem ::) :'
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

VinRin57

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2018, 07:08:43 AM »

As always, thank you TM. So all of this time the only thing that's possibly fixed, is dusk/dawn.  I guess that would be nice that at a bare minimum we have a working app. As for the wish list?  >*<  Thanks again...

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2018, 07:25:42 AM »

The only things that I've been able to confirm is the dusk/dawn but that doesn't mean everyone will see that. The DST /Standard time sync will not be fully noticed till next year (at which time I doubt Authinx with have the developer onboard) B:(
Nothing changed for me from the test app I was running and it was suppose to. B:(
No one should be thanking me for this mess but at least your not blaming me. ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

ceedee

« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2018, 07:41:00 AM »

Honestly, even if it’s fixed, the military time in D/D (android) is a step backwards.  Now, I see the on time (dusk) as military, and my off time in standard format.  Add the  fact that the iOS app does not show any time for a D/D setting.

I agree with other posts that the UI needs some serious attention. Also, the fact that I can’t get history with Android and iOS just blows my mind.  This feature is highlighted in the WM100 specs!

Authinx has some PR work to do with its WM100 users.

Finally, will the return to standard time in November test the code?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2018, 08:05:07 AM »

Originally I was told the off set time of Dusk/Dawn would not be displayed for the release version as I stated it was I nice touch.
It appears this was the case for IOS and just another confirmation to me that nothing was done to the Android test version code I had. I wouldn't be surprised to see it disappear in the next release. ::) :'
The military time for Dusk/Dawn doesn't bother me but I agree the format should be the same.

Authinx has some PR work to do with its WM100 users.

I agree, however this mess was out of their hands the developer was not to release this till Authinx tested it with IOS as that was the hold up with the release and it appears after several months the IOS sync issue is still not fixed.
The factory looks after the developers so blame I guess should fall on the factory.

Finally, will the return to standard time in November test the code?
most definitely as will DST next spring. Authinx has been assured this is fixed but originally they (Authinx) couldn't recreate this at their location anyways. ::) :'
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

ceedee

« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2018, 08:31:40 AM »

Tuicemen,
Thanks for the updates and insight.  It makes me feel a little better that we have a "user voice" advocating for us! :)%

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2018, 08:58:01 AM »

@ceedee your most welcome.
I do make sure all users concerns are presented to the Owner off Authinx as well as those working directly with the developers of this device.
 Every one at Authinx is very displeased with this release and they are pushing to get the Android version corrected quickly.

For those with IOS sync issues
, this update doesn't seem to fix that and Authinx is aware of that now. The developer had told them it was fixed but oviously it wasn't. The developer wasn't able to recreate the issue which may be the reason they assumed it was corrected. ::) :' they are pushing the developer on this as well.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tucson

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #56 on: August 09, 2018, 10:54:01 PM »

😐 Well they broke D/D for AZ now it is 1 hour late.   Probably has to do with the fact that we don’t do daylight savings time here in Arizona.  I guess now that I have 90 minutes I can compensate  but  B:( and if I have to change it  every time the clocks change in other states I’m a go looking for my old timer.

Also the developer needs to buy some new iOS Devices. My old iPhone 6S sync’s just fine but my iPhone 8 and iPad Air 2 do not. Guessing they’re testing old hardware.  Thank goodniess I have old phone around or I would be out of luck.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 12:17:03 AM by Tucson »

ceedee

« Reply #57 on: August 10, 2018, 06:28:31 AM »

Also the developer needs to buy some new iOS Devices. My old iPhone 6S sync’s just fine but my iPhone 8 and iPad Air 2 do not. Guessing they’re testing old hardware.  Thank goodniess I have old phone around or I would be out of luck.

I use my iPhone 5 running ios 10.  It's the only device I have that executes all app features reliably!

stefl

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #58 on: August 10, 2018, 09:04:24 AM »

On my iPhone 7  ios 11.4.1   with latest version on the X10wifi  all functions are working just fine  GOOD JOB

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2018, 11:02:07 AM »

Probably NO one lacks knowledge about time zones and DST more than the Chinese which has only one time zone (Beijing Time) for the entire country which spans 5 time zone bands. I you live in western China the "crack of dawn" has you up and at 'em at 11AM!  The concept of DST or individual states setting their own time is not inherent knowledge there. They need to be told that a 'DST Enabled' check box has to be added to time zone selection as well as week, day and month for DST start and end, i.e., '2nd Sunday March' as it may differ by country or change at some point.

If software development has to be kept in China for some reason, then at least a comprehensive spec needs to be presented to the team IN PERSON. 20 years ago, when I first sent a software spec to the Chinese developers (actually in Taiwan) for a telephone call routing device that I designed, what I got back was virtually useless. I went there and had the development team in a room where I gave a 'chalk talk' going over every detail of the spec and explaining why and how the US telephone system worked. The translator was good and they video taped the whole meeting and took photos of everything that I did on the whiteboard while taking copious notes in Chinese.  The result was far superior with only some minor tweaks needed that were made in days - not weeks.  I don't know if Authinx is doing this but they will continue to be frustrated if they're not.

Funny story: When my wife (who can speak Chinese) and I went to the lab there for final pre-production acceptance testing, we discovered a major flaw that made the 10,000 chips they had produced without approval worthless.  While they huddled a few feet away discussing the situation in Chinese, my wife whispered, "they're going to tell you 'this will take 6 weeks to correct' but they really can do it in 3."  Sure enough they came back and said it would take 6 weeks and I told them NO!, they had to do it in 3.  They had forgotten that my wife could understand them and had the biggest 'Oh crap' look on their faces when they realized what had just happened!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.