Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: It’s time to move on  (Read 16350 times)

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: It’s time to move on
« Reply #105 on: August 28, 2018, 11:12:14 AM »

I already have a garage door hub (MyQ)… great for the garage door.... but not ready for Home Automation

I Have a Homeseer Hometroller (a Pi based Hub) good with X10 (when setup and connected to a CM15A) made to control Zwave.

I also have a (1st gen) Wink hub. Zwave and ZigBee (it also handles my Cree wifi bulb... works well with Amazon Echo/Alexa

The cheap ($79) Insteon hub allows for... Insteon and a limited selection of other products.

The Samsung smart hub ($69) works with Zigbee, Z-Wave (and several other partners brands).

Logically... it looks like if I am going to move in the direction of a new flavor of HA.... a Samsung Smart Things Hub might be my best choice (as a later date replacement for the Wink Hub) ... PLUS Zwave products.

Others ideas?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 11:34:42 PM by HA Dave »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: It’s time to move on
« Reply #106 on: August 28, 2018, 11:30:33 AM »

The SmartThings Hub would be my choice. Smartthings has a developer site that allows anyone to create device handlers which can then be accessed by the apps. https://graph.api.smartthings.com/
 The list of devices supported just keeps growing. ;)
I don't own a SmartThings Hub but I can control things configured in the developer site by the apps this includes my x10 with the  cm15 and the Broadlink RM Pro configured devices.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.