💬General Category > X10 Product Wish List

Garage Door Opener(s) Integration.

<< < (3/4) > >>

HA Dave:

--- Quote from: Tuicemen on June 17, 2018, 06:00:29 AM ---IFTTT is one example of where you could make X10 control your door opener though a subscription is required after a trial period.

--- End quote ---

MyQ can be controlled through Wink, and via Amazon's Alexa. Any X10 setup compatible with the cloud should be easily controlled with an X10 input. I have X10 (homeseer) actions that work in conjunction with other Wink actions... via the Amazon Alexa app... and they work fine.

I have the option to setup myQ to open/close the garage door using a voice command through Alexa. I might even be able to use the mobile app and my iPhone to open the garage door through my cars speaker/microphone system. I am not sure how secure that would be... or how useful it would be for me.

brobin:

--- Quote from: HA Dave on June 16, 2018, 03:28:26 PM ---
--- Quote from: brobin on June 16, 2018, 12:27:53 PM ---I have the LiftMaster MyQ and it works great.  The LiftMaster & Chamberlain products are virtually identical with LiftMaster being the line sold by pro installers/builders and Chamberlain being sold for DIY. ...…
--- End quote ---

Yep. Being arthritic... I generally choose NOT to do over-head work... as that is particularly painful for me. But for the price of a regular (installed) LiftMaster…. I could install the myQ chamberlain unit with all the automated bells and whistles, myself. So... I installed the cool chamberlain unit myself... and suffered a bit (flat on my back) afterwards. For me.... it was worth the pain.

--- Quote from: brobin on June 16, 2018, 12:27:53 PM ---Now that you've got a new opener, consider using the Chamberlain CLSS1 System Surge Protector or LiftMaster LM990 (same product different box) to protect your investment. The circuit boards in these openers aren't cheap!  The protectors also connect to the button and sensor wires as they can pick up destructive charges.  You can find them on ebay and Walmart for under $20.

--- End quote ---

Great idea! I think I'll do that.

--- End quote ---

BTW, If you install the 990LM or CLSS1 save the receipt!  If your opener fails from a transient voltage/surge/spike within 5 years they'll give you a new opener.

originalevil:

--- Quote from: HA Dave on June 17, 2018, 09:25:55 AM ---
--- Quote from: Tuicemen on June 17, 2018, 06:00:29 AM ---IFTTT is one example of where you could make X10 control your door opener though a subscription is required after a trial period.

--- End quote ---

MyQ can be controlled through Wink, and via Amazon's Alexa. Any X10 setup compatible with the cloud should be easily controlled with an X10 input. I have X10 (homeseer) actions that work in conjunction with other Wink actions... via the Amazon Alexa app... and they work fine.

I have the option to setup myQ to open/close the garage door using a voice command through Alexa. I might even be able to use the mobile app and my iPhone to open the garage door through my cars speaker/microphone system. I am not sure how secure that would be... or how useful it would be for me.

--- End quote ---

Hi HA Dave, it's been a few years!!!

Does MyQ with the Smart Garage Hub require a subscription for you to use with Wink and Alexa? I've been using Liftmaster's MyQ app with the bridge for my opener and in order to integrate it with Alexa, I'll need to use IFTTT. Liftmaster charges $10 per month for that.

I'm thinking of putting a couple of low voltage controllers in line between the light and the opener to bypass that.

HA Dave:

--- Quote from: originalevil on June 21, 2018, 02:51:44 PM ---
Hi HA Dave, it's been a few years!!!

Does MyQ with the Smart Garage Hub require a subscription for you to use with Wink and Alexa? I've been using Liftmaster's MyQ app with the bridge for my opener and in order to integrate it with Alexa, I'll need to use IFTTT. Liftmaster charges $10 per month for that.…..
--- End quote ---

I don't use IFTTT, I pay no user fees.

Nest... which is partnered with myQ... is also Wink compatible. Wink has a skill that works with Alexa. But I don't "voice control" my garage door. Having a garage door that anyone could open (by yelling in a window)…. just doesn't sound secure. I don't know which Hubs control which protocols. I had researched that at one time... but I made my decisions and moved on. A little Google searching should be productive.

originalevil:

--- Quote from: HA Dave on June 21, 2018, 03:26:00 PM --- A little Google searching should be productive.

--- End quote ---

Thanks, won't ask for your personal experience again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version