Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: x10 security device alarm auto triggers when set up to OBI200 Google voice  (Read 3145 times)

Robotux

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

My x10 home security seems to be auto triggered when alarm is set on the device which is connected to a phone base attached to the OBI200 device.  Can't seem to locate what event is triggering the device. It all was working with a Magic Jack device before I switched over.   The problem is the alarm automatically gets triggered when set after 30 seconds standard delay.  Any ideas what to do?

I have the OBI200 phone jack goes to a splitter that plugs in the phone base and the x10 device.   I've tried every other combination, but ever time the alarm is set, 30 seconds later it triggers the alarm.  The only triggers is a motion detector facing the wall, so it's something other than the sensor.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305

Do you know the model number of the security console? SC1200 or maybe the older DS700?

Since it worked with a Magic Jack but not the OBI200. You may want to try connecting the security consoles phone line cord through a DSL filter. To the OBDI200. Some folks had reported a DSL filter helped.

Robotux

SC12a 

this is an older Radio Shack model.

The DSL is a suggestion I didn't know about. I'll pick up one, give it a try and report back.  Best,

Brian H

• Community Organizer

From you description.
It sounds like you have the Radio Shack 49-1000 security kit.
The console in it was a earlier version of the SC12 console. X10 made for Radio Shack.

You may want to do an advanced search for maybe the DSL or DSL Filter keywords.  In the two Security related sections here. I found two pages of hits.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 01:14:34 AM by Brian H »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!

Filters should be used on all phone devices when using a DSL connection usually the ISP provides one, you need to ask for additional ones.
I've not been charged when I asked for additional filters.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Robotux

I tried a DSL filter, but no luck.  The alarm turns on after 30 seconds.  Tried every possible connect.  My internet comes over cable, not DSL, but I tried it none the less.  Any other suggestions?

basically OBI200 device pushes to a splitter that then goes to both phone and alarm system.

Tuicemen

• Administrator

I originally had my security console and phone connected via a splitter as well.
However I had issues too ( don't remember exactly what issue now ::) :' ) I ended up running a  direct line to the main junction box which solved the issue.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Brian H

• Community Organizer

You are using a cable/internet phone not the copper wire line connection to a phone company?
Did you have a chance to do a search in the two security sections? I do remember others with cable/internet type phones having some issues. That was why I suggested trying a DSL filter.

Does the LCD screen on your console. Show any Zones issues when it falsely goes off?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 08:18:04 AM by Brian H »

lviper

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 10

The obi200 is a voip device that can be used with Google Voice for a free phone number and service. I would venture to say the voip device is not compatible with the security console.

I have an obi200 at home as well as a ds700 but I haven't even thought of trying to connect the phone line. I guess I can try and find me a long phone cord and give it a test.

Tuicemen

• Administrator

The only triggers is a motion detector facing the wall, so it's something other than the sensor.
I missed this in the OP.
This doesn't mean the sensor isn't doing the triggering.
One of my motion sensor will trigger on sunlight hitting the wall as well as moving shadows. This is one reason I don't tie the motion sensors to my security system.

Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Brian H

• Community Organizer

I also missed the Motion Sensor reference.
You may want to check the motion sensors batteries. We have see cases where low batteries have cause some strange thing so happen.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139

The problem is the alarm automatically gets triggered when set after 30 seconds standard delay. 
$0.02 alert!

If this is happening every time the alarm is set, to me, this would not point to a phone line problem, if the alarm immediately triggers after the timeout. Does it trigger if you disconnect it from the phone line? It does not seem likely to be a "stuck" motion sensor since the batteries would run down from constantly transmitting. Does it trigger if you take the batteries out of the motion sensor?

PS: I'm not familiar with the SC12 console. It may sense phone line and/or dial tone and alarm if not present. If the SC12 alarms if phone line not present....I'll go back to sleep.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 06:33:52 AM by dave w »
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

arizona480

• Helpful Post Rating: 2

The only triggers is a motion detector facing the wall, so it's something other than the sensor.
I missed this in the OP.
This doesn't mean the sensor isn't doing the triggering.
One of my motion sensor will trigger on sunlight hitting the wall as well as moving shadows. This is one reason I don't tie the motion sensors to my security system.

Don't the motion detectors actually detect the movement of a heat signature of 94 degrees F or higher?  I can have lights go on an off, no problem, but if I set the alarm before the fireplace burns out, I will get a trigger.

Brian H

• Community Organizer

They detect on a temperature change over a time period. Using  PIR type sensor component.
98 degrees is not a requirement. Your fireplace maybe causing enough changes to trigger. We have seen heat rising from a radiator can sometimes trigger them.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.