📱X10 WIFI > 🏥Help & Trouble shooting

CM15a works with RF but not with PC

<< < (2/6) > >>

JeffVolp:

--- Quote from: jimsl78 on June 30, 2018, 02:23:20 AM ---Thanks Jeff
The ping pong scenario was something I was concerned about. I will probably get the XTBR and a passive coupler.
Isn't an extended signal just used for dimming? ( I don't use dimming) I cant find an option in my AHP program to send or not send "extended signals" I even deleted one module and re created it to see if that made a difference.

--- End quote ---

Our Ocelot sends extended commands to turn on our Leviton dimmers at max brightness.  I don't know if AHP also uses an extended command to switch on the Leviton 6291, but that might cause the symptom you describe.  It should be easy to test.

Jeff

jimsl78:
With the Leviton 6291 being a non dimmable relay switch, I selected the x 10 florescent wall switch in AHP "programing".
That said I will try programing it with a different type of module and see what happens.

Brian H:
Have you been able to verify. The XPCR was not damaged by the power issues?
The XPS4 has AGC in it and in theory be better than the XPS3 it replaced. In most cases.
What have you defined the XPS4 in AHP. As it was developed after the last AHP revision was released? You may want to try Pro tab. XPS3.

JeffVolp:
Just to review to make sure I understood the problem:

1)  Using the CM15A as your RF transceiver, the switch works properly ON & OFF when commanded by a wireless remote.

2)  You don't have another transceiver that could also be relaying the wireless commands to the powerline.

3)  Commands from AHP sent through the CM15A will not turn the switch ON, but they will turn it OFF.

4)  This is a solid failure, and not an occasional missed ON command from AHP.

If this is the case, the CM15A is the transmitter for when it works and when it does not.  The signal path would be the same, so I don't see how the XPCR could be a factor.  That's why I suggested the CM15A might be sending a different ON command when controlled by AHP versus the standard ON command sent by the wireless remote.  Of course there might be another factor, such as a noise source or signal sucker interfering with the command when it was sent from AHP.

Jeff

Tuicemen:
Make sure the USB cable is fully seated both in the CM15 and PC.
Also try another USB port & or cable.
 >!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version