Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: X10 on the Raspberry Pi running Home Assistant  (Read 10218 times)

npaisnel

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: X10 on the Raspberry Pi running Home Assistant
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2018, 03:56:38 PM »

Heyu installed and working ...but not HA-bridge..
I am now trying
https://www.home-assistant.io/docs/installation/raspberry-pi/

npaisnel

« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2018, 04:22:11 PM »

[Your session of Home Assistant is not hanging looking at your log.

Maybe I used the wrong phrase..the SSH command promt gets ' stuck' it never returns to the command prompt after running 'hass' and you have to 'Ctrl-C' to get the cmd prompt back

yes the HA web gui is visible but your link to configure it just take me to the How to install Heyu page

Code: [Select]
4. Now that you have Home Assistant up and running you need to configure it to run X10. The following link will demonstrate how to configure it by editing what is called the configuration.yaml file https://blog.wouterspaans.nl/2017/02/23/control-your-x10-lights-from-a-raspberry-pi/
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 04:30:21 PM by npaisnel »

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 27
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2018, 04:53:07 PM »

[Your session of Home Assistant is not hanging looking at your log.

Maybe I used the wrong phrase..the SSH command promt gets ' stuck' it never returns to the command prompt after running 'hass' and you have to 'Ctrl-C' to get the cmd prompt back

yes the HA web gui is visible but your link to configure it just take me to the How to install Heyu page

Code: [Select]
4. Now that you have Home Assistant up and running you need to configure it to run X10. The following link will demonstrate how to configure it by editing what is called the configuration.yaml file https://blog.wouterspaans.nl/2017/02/23/control-your-x10-lights-from-a-raspberry-pi/

Ok as soon as you you type hass at the terminal/command prompt on the Raspberry Pi it is running and you need to open a browser on a separate computer and type in the ip address of your Raspberry Pi along with the port no 8123.to access the Web Api of Home Assistant.

npaisnel

« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2018, 05:38:44 PM »

So after typing hass at the cmd prompt in the SSH window, I can just close the SSH session  or do I need to keep it open ?

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 27
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2018, 06:07:21 PM »

So after typing hass at the cmd prompt in the SSH window, I can just close the SSH session  or do I need to keep it open ?

Leave the SSH session open. This controls the HA server on your Raspberry Pi. You will do all your HA work through the browser and you can watch it all happening in the SSH window.

As soon as you have everything running as you need you can create a service on your Raspberry Pi which will automatically run HA when you turn it on and you will not need to open an SSH session.

Have you got HA running

npaisnel

« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2018, 06:59:29 AM »

Leave the SSH session open. 
…..

Have you got HA running

OK, and yes it was running …

I'll go back to square one ..and see what happens this time

lviper

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 10
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2018, 08:32:18 AM »

This is because you are running HASS from the command prompt in the foreground. Basically you do this step just to test HA and make sure it is running. Once you know HA runs, which it seems it does, you then setup HASS as a service to auto start and run in the background. You can then start and stop HASS using the systemctl stop|start or restart command.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.