Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Dusk/Dawn  (Read 7166 times)

ceedee

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
Re: Dusk/Dawn
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2018, 09:17:23 PM »

Yes. Same here.  it’s busted.

pH7

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2018, 05:28:44 PM »

I just bought this thinking it would be a better replacement for my 15 year old PowerLinc 1132. Little did I know it is running pre-release software - 0.0.26 means the first real release has not happened yet - right? I set my porch light to come on at Dusk +30 minutes. Dusk today is 5:31, so it should have come on at 6:01. The light came on at 4:30. You cannot examine any of the information stored in the hub to find out if this giant error is in the stored time zone, daylight savings time, longitude-latitude or if all the info is right and it's just bad processing of the info.

What if I am in a location away from home, different time zone, or may be even the same time zone but dramatically different longitude- latitude. There is absolutely no way to set a dawn or dusk timer if you are not located with your hub. This software is not well thought out at all!

ceedee

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2018, 05:51:00 PM »

The device triggers on sunrise and sunset, not dawn and dusk.  Could that be the issue?

As for software, don’t count on much happening on that front. It’s very buggy, and major features are either missing or broken. We haven’t seen an update in over two months. If you are unhappy, return it...it probably won’t get much better.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 05:53:00 PM by ceedee »
Pages: 1 2 [3]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.