💬General Category > Mac/Linux & Open Source and the X10 Home

Where to get answers about 'Heyu'

<< < (2/2)

Tuicemen:
I don't own a cm11 so I can't really say for sure but if a program depends on another for X10 control how can it be better at uploading to a x10 interface?
The only program I know uploads to the CM11 for sure is the original Activehome and ActiveHome Pro.
Both of which are windows programs.
If you've been using Hey U and your only reason to move on is for the upload feature look and see if HeyU can do it and stick with it.
I don't see any where in HG for uploading to any interface but I'm relatively new to it.

petera:

--- Quote from: Tuicemen on July 30, 2018, 04:38:35 PM ---I don't own a cm11 so I can't really say for sure but if a program depends on another for X10 control how can it be better at uploading to a x10 interface?
The only program I know uploads to the CM11 for sure is the original Activehome and ActiveHome Pro.
Both of which are windows programs.
If you've been using Hey U and your only reason to move on is for the upload feature look and see if HeyU can do it and stick with it.
I don't see any where in HG for uploading to any interface but I'm relatively new to it.

--- End quote ---

The uploading of macros and timers is purely a proprietary feature between AHP and the relative X10 controllers as far as I am aware. It was one area that was never really reversed engineered successfully as far as I know.

All your timers and macros will be created and broadcast from HG to the x10 controller. You won't be using the x10 controller as a free standing unit. Who would want to with all the additional control a Raspberry Pi can provide. Even smaller and more compact would be the Raspberry Pi Zero W. Just tape it to the back of your x10 controller and there you have it. Wifi and Bluetooth all in one tiny package

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version